Ben's 1987 Dirty30 VL Royale

f100_dreamin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing is the bolting flange on the diff for the drive shaft may be incorrect

It's the U bolt style and I'm pretty sure VLs used the flat faced one

You could always swap the brakes onto your diff

Unsure of ratio

Not in huge rush to sell but am advertising it

elsewhere as well as I'm trying to gather funds for next secret project

• 2 weeks later...

Stoked. Picked up my gearbox, looks all good (except for the shifter, it's seen better days)

Also picked up my p/s pump, alternator, an associated brackets

Have been so busy at work that I just got my auto sparky to slap some new bearings an brushes into the alternator, cost a massive $77!!

Also got my brake adapter brackets , so still on the lookout for a set of FC rx7 four pots,

Engine gaskets, water pump and little bits turned up so an going to start putting bits an pieces back into the engine, also got some engine enamel to give the engine a lick of paint!!

Gonna start stripping my K-frame down and get it blasted and powder coated, my friend father owns a powder coating company so will get looked after there which is good!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally getting around to putting up some pictures

Here's the engine after the rattle can rebuild

9DF4D866-CD07-419D-92D1-2A67FE6EECA6_zps

It's still waiting on a few bits an pieces to finish it off but it's getting there.

I was also lucky enough to be given a disc brake rear end for free, just had up go to morrinsville to and take it out of the car before it went to the scrappies, managed to shoe horn it into my work car (Toyota Yaris)

541204A3-2A3A-4E44-BF1F-2C9B4E6D099B_zps

So will clean it up, machine the rotors, get some new pads an hoses, and give it a coat of black, would be good if I could find an LSD centre, but I think that will have to wait until after the engine is in the car.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

And the parts keep coming!!

Have picked up the lightened flywheel an clutch from my old bosses vk racecar,

Also picked up my CRS bellhouse, and the GC threw in another clutch, a Holden cable clutch fork, and a gearbox mount (which I needed). May have to get a cable clutch pedal box now as the bellhouse doesn't seem to have a provision to run a slave cylinder,

And as we know updates are useless without pictures so:

8920D1F8-3925-4594-B672-56CA1AB67E03_zps

• Like 2

Seeing as you already have a hydraulic clutch pedal box then rather then fucking around fitting a cable type then use what you have and find a concentric clutch slave that will fit.

I believe a lot of jokers use a Mondeo clutch slave as they quite versatile. Then you just need to cut holes in the bellhousing, one for the line in and also one for the bleed line out.

clutch_slave_cylinder.jpg

• Like 4

I have thought ktrips about that but I'll have to do the maths on costs etc,

I may look at getting my engineer mate to weld a lump of alloy onto the bellhouse so that I can mount a slave, I'll just have to get some measurements of a supra clutch fork an go from there

Yeah I've seem the 20" Simmons, they are very cool, but there is a couple of reasons I'm not that keen. Firstly I don't want to go that big coz then you end up with a rubber band for a tyre an I'm getting too old for that shit, and I also think a car of this size really needs a bit of sidewall,

Secondly they're very well priced, so every man an his Commy will end up with a set

And lastly if I had a spare $2400 I'd have the motor in an running already haha

• Like 1