Alloy Rim repair

Pee Dubs

I should of mentioned that these are for a modern(ish) daily so not looking for showroom spec finish. I'm certainly not wanting to spend too much $ on them! Quick & easy preferred- some kind of metal epoxy perhaps?

I'm assuming RimRite is the place on the corner of Milson & Kiaranga /Bunnythorpe Rd? If so he seems to charge a fair bit for his work...

• Like 1

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

As you should be able to see the rims have already had a previous repair, but the curbing isn't too bad really. I'd just prefer to do a reasonable job rather than a gash one.

Yeah I was thinking JB Weld or Devcon, but there are so many different variants- which one should I go for?

I think the pics flatter, I do want to build it up a little before sanding back though

Go into Blackwoods on Tremaine and see Gunny or Brian for some Devcon alloy putty. Will do the trick well.

This sounds like the go, it was what I was looking at actually http://www.devcon.com/products/products.cfm?brand=Devcon&family=Aluminum%20Putty%20%28F%29 Blackwoods is spitting distance from my place too!

you could take to a wheel repair place, it want cost f all to get them fixed, ive had nasty as curbing and a dent removed out of a rim at automation her in Dunedin and only cost $40.00 through the books