ecu bulkhead / firewall connector

peteretep

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those weather packs are huge and yuck, I have one here and I'll never use it. Beat bet for 60 wires is run it through the firewall with a decent gromet and design it so the ecu plugs can come out the firewall hole.

• Like 2

I agree unless its a highly tuned race car and you carry a spare motor to events that also is wired up for a quick swap then not really worth it. The less connections you can have in a cable the better as over time. Corrosion etc itll build up resistance in the plug leading to hard to find problems etc. Just goto pik a part lop off the loom of some car that runs a huge grommet and but that cut like a 2" hole or what ever size it needs and your off if you wire it with some thought in mind youll have no problems pulling the loom out again. This is all ive done with the race car number of times motor has been in and out over the years is like 4 number of times ive had to remove loom from car is 0 it just gets unplugged from coil packs injectors tps etc and flopped to the side takes around 3.5 mins to being fully electrically isolated to remove.

• Like 1