kiwi510's RX7

kyteler

Yes has been too long, but finally have an empty garage and a really nice example of a Gen 1! Kyteler... you will be the first person i call into see when i eventually get it down to invers :)   And yes it might have had a plate like that not long ago Evan, but not anymore. SFOS was epic back in the day!

• Like 1

Hayden you fucker, hows tricks?

Too long no see.

Your old 510 is in Invers. I'm pretty sure it either has, or is getting an SR conversion. Your old Z18 on CA managment wound up in a 510 here in chch. But I've lost touch with the guy who owns it. He lives (or lived?) a few blocks from me.

Come to nats next year, and we can get OTP again.........

Hey dude, yes has been too long however have a garage and another mint project. Sad to hear the 510 is getting an sr! Would have gone a little more old school. That z18 was cool!

Next time I am in chch will definitely catch up with a few of the crew.

Plans for the rx7.... not sure but will be something different while keeping it kind of original?

• 2 weeks later...

Have been thinking that I want to a couple of mods to my rx7 without dramatically changing the original components of the car, due to how tidy and original this Californian car is. I have been toying with doing something like this....

http://youtu.be/-JCUCl3OdsI

With a very conservative setup as to prevent damage to the engine. Using one of these kits...

http://www.holley.com/05090NOS.asp

What do people think and what are peoples experiences with low power NOS applications to stock street cars?

• 3 months later...

Finally popped her cherry, removed all three cats and old exhaust manifold, put some custom built extractor and a couple of resonators on it and has made such a difference!

Looking nullify the air pump and emissions stuff soon and then putting a decent filter on it. i will post picks soon. 

Off to Highlands in Cromwell on the weekend to put her in the car show, is anyone else heading there?