Whittakers Weekend 9-10 November

KKtrips

Whittakers Shindig  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in hiring the hall for funtimes on Whittakers weekend as per Swapmeat weekend at Manfeild?

• I'm going to Whittakers so hell YEAH!
    • I'm going to Whittakers but nah not keen.
    • I'm just voting so I can see how many votes there are for other options

Was talking with a few OS geezers over the weekend about hiring the hall at Manfeild as we have done for the last 3 years or so for Swapmeat, but this time for Whittakers weekend.

The weekend in question is November 9th and 10th. Thinking about having a shindig on the night of the 9th.

I have no idea even if we can get the room for that weekend but just wanting to get an indication of people who are keen if it does go ahead and would be willing to pitch in about $10-15 each to hire the room. (room costs $230 to hire plus about $30 for rubbish)

If we get enough keen beans I'll look at booking the room next week.

Chur

Hmmm... Sorta keen but sorta spendy too...

We are selling seats at our dinner for $100 per person. This includes a 3 course sit down meal and beverage refreshments.  We are also selling tables for $1000, these seat 10 people. 

During the evening we are going to be taking a look back at the past 40 years at Manfeild by looking back through the archives, interviewing some of the ‘old timers’ and having a few cars of the early days on display.  We hope it will be a nice relaxed casual evening that gives people a chance to catch up with old mates, reflect where we have been, and look forward into the future.
To book a spot please contact Louise on 06 323 7444 ext 1 or email sales@manfeild.co.nz

I'll very likely be at whittakers, but will either be driving in the racing or crewing for dad.

So if you do get the hall I'll come say hi and have a beer or two, but won't be partaking in Jack, Jim, debauchery, jumps on little bikes or any 91 fueled activities.

• 1 month later...

• Friday night - cross out if you are getting in late.

Saturday morning we can jump in the coal burner and head to Manfeild and buy a programme - say 10am-ish.

Check program for the ideal events we want to check out on Saturday - F5000 and Muscle cars are high on my list.

Figure out the best window of opportunity to sneak away to foaming at some steam powered paraphenalia during the day and make sure we are at the track for the premier events.

Saturday night we should liaise with Prince William and see if we can get him away from that trollop Kate for some fun-times. (perhaps squeeze in a Lee's Family Restaurant visit with Camma)

Sunday morning settle in for a day of watching the track and getting windburnt to shit then drive home.