Coffee machine rebuild

Bantam

Also a hijack I have one of these coffee making machines at home - It takes up some bench space, doesn't look particularly cool but requires very little operator input (suits me 1st thing in the morning)

http://www.a1coffee.co.uk/index.php/franke-saphira-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-refurbished.html

I am thinking of downsizing to something designed for less than 100 cups / day...

Also a hijack I have one of these coffee making machines at home - It takes up some bench space, doesn't look particularly cool but requires very little operator input (suits me 1st thing in the morning)

http://www.a1coffee.co.uk/index.php/franke-saphira-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-refurbished.html

I am thinking of downsizing to something designed for less than 100 cups / day...

You wont save much space. Rancilio Silva are great for home. Can be pimped with temp control, new about $1100, secondhand $500, parts easy to get.

Bit of a thread Hijack but should I get this? I am pining a lush commercial coffee machine haha, 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-region/other-appliances/brasilia-potifino-2-group-coffee-machine/1023811612

i think allot of these machines need a 20A plug though?

Pretty sure its 10amp plug. Hard to tell without knowing whats wrong.

Yea its the worst add description ever, might go check it out, I know the basics will see what the seller has to say. Will low ball anyway

Quick google and they draw maybe over 3kw must need a 15a plug at least? anyway not really a problem.

Motherboards can be expensive. Check out coffeeparts.com.au for prices. I use them and have found them excellent. Also check out coffeesnobs.com.au , forum for all things coffee, good for sale section.

Cool, yea looks like they aren't making parts anymore due to bankruptcy so could be a pain to fix. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

bump - finished/any progress?

Yeah.

Forgot all about this post.

Got it all back together and working.

Sold it to a coffee roaster in the Coromandal

Currently descaling a single group Unic. Have seen these Unic's around but never in the stripped state. Not bad for a Frenchy. You find most machines have all the same pumps and solonids, just the boilers and piping are different.

Just change the water level probe length, they all seem similar. In saying that, if you are only making a few coffees, there will be more than enough steam for milk. The water for the shot will come through a HX (heat exchanger) and isnt really adjustable