TOMSTAMENT'S ULTIMATE CARPI

0R10N

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me i would like to slam it that much, but I also bought all this shit and don't want to throw it away since it's pretty much worthless to sell on trademe/wherever and I want the car running sooner rather than later. and despite what rookie says oh you can weld up a back half chassis kit in a day it's all very easy for him to say.......I appreciate it's not technically that hard (the cutting and welding etc.)  but the measuring and the number of decisions to be made are what i see and taking time if you want to ensure there is no fuckup.

I look at what I need to do and using the parts I have and seam welding up the factory mounts seems far more straightforward. yes it will be a bit high on the taller tyres but on the smaller tyres with a c-notch it should be pretty slammed for a silly american car but still at a certable height.

PS

that lovely starlet is a cheating toyota/nissan with factory channelled body and is at an uncertable height no doubt/irrelphant

• Like 3

LOL fuck you are a wiener Tom. If you just did it it would be done in a weekend.

Also that matty b POS is a terrible height and looks terrible in general..

I guarantee that you will spend more time fucking around using the stock suspension mounts and tubbing the rear because of the c notching and cutting of the frame rails, it will be a total fuck up I promise.

Cut your losses on your shitty suspension arms that you have bought already, it is the thinking mans decision. Even so I bet you can cut them up and use them with a back half so it isn't like they are a total loss.

Also just buy the drop spindles and fit them after cert, we all know it is a joke anyway.

Cut your losses on your shitty suspension arms that you have bought already, it is the thinking mans decision. Even so I bet you can cut them up and use them with a back half so it isn't like they are a total loss.

Yeah the thinking mans decision, its where you think "why the fuck did I cut my car up instead of getting it going"

• Like 3

Yea the thing here roman is it is being cut already so why do the cutting half arse? Well I think that is the point, my brain says the geometry will be the gays with stock pick-ups with the diff sitting in the rails?

Gotta pay the cost to be the baws etc.