T's Garage -Tarran's new School shit

J-Calico

Hi,

So a few people have a soft spot for newer Japanese stuff also, I certainly do, so I thought Id throw up thread for this carry on too.

Recently moved into a new shed (read: renting, and not living there..)

So its freed up untold space at home, (so fewer wheels and tires!!) and obviously has the bonus of an indoor area that we can work on shit in. Its a half share with a friend whose into 90's Nissans/drift fan boy, but that's okay, as I'm similar, without the full on drift aspiration they all have.

Moving day for X71.

wruf.jpg

H/T Was originally going to be moving it to the new shed, but I decided to swap it with the X61 as its more in need of work, the X71 can basically stay stock, which is down some other random sheds behind a flat I rent for dry storage. its only costing $8/w per side, (2 together) which my dad found in the paper.

Old fella is a kind but eccentric chap, who used to have motels (prominent down the stretch of road its on) store excess furniture in there/some young dude who tried to live in there.

I think he likes me in there as I pay up front for the 6 month stint ahead :-)

pxe8.jpg

New GS131 Crown

Its factory supercharged, and the dude before me (semi-poorly) converted it to manual.

ujmp.jpg

Three of the team together before the X71 H/T gets tucked into a dark dingy garage for a while.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the new shed.

It now houses most of my parts/crap/wheels/tires

plus a couple of cars of mine, and a few of mates

Oh, and currently an ZC(?) 69 Fairlane haha, a friends old man's car. Its getting box and motor rebuilt, supposedly waiting on the box...

idrr.jpg

vao4.jpg

Dark Grey R32 sedan with GTR front (all genuine, hehe I hate most fibreglass kits) is mine too.

And yea, sorry, the grill is currently the factory 'maroon' color R32's come in,

it didn't have a BNR grill when I got it, and they're hella spendy for some reason!

so i was happy to find that one at a reasonable price for one, still heaps :-(

As is the dirty ole X61 obviously.

R32 has run RB20DET and is awaiting a S2 R33 25t motor i have for it. Just got to decide where to stop/save up for FS5R30A gearbox.

occupying my funds also is this bitch, which I think I've had 3 years now?

Kinda should sell it, but its hard to let go, then the tripple plate breaks a gearbox or two.. etc.

Now rockin' a single plate and is far easier on the driveline, and should save me from being poor after having to fork out for another FS5R30A. (the so called 'RB25det Big Box'..)

r34fosalee044.jpg

r34fosalee045.jpg

• Like 5

Nah, I'd love a 35 but it has to be a coupe and has to be a 5'er, would like it to have the 3.7 in it though. (Oh and it has to be an '03)

What kind of pennies does a 34 like that sell for nowadays?  (I've not looked at the modern market outside of the V35 for a long while)

$200 for both of us so $100 each/week.

I was apprehensive at first but so sweet to have most shit in one place/not hoarding in the shed at home.

Would love to get a hoist if I had the coin,

Unsure of quality, but $1900 new!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/hoists-jacks/auction-611134882.htm

Stink cars.

Mean shed.

Love you too Roger

New you had that 34, didnt realise it was on Works!

Are they RP01's I spy in the first shed photo next to the Recaros?

Wasn't originally, (had those bland Axis Hiros in 19", which were okay, would have been better at. 9.5 all round, not just on the rear..) and I had Meisters wheels a while that came with decent-ish quality tires on them but were to big in profile size

looks wise I thought, so when I could afford decent tires ( Falken FK452 in 245/35 R18) in a suitable size (good combo of grip and aesthetics) I put them on with addition of billet rear camber arms from Aus, so I didn't have to touch stock guards.

It's a bit extreme (the camber, but better than that, /\ and slightly higher) but it still hooks up fucking well, most people are surprised by that.

Yes RP01's! But 4x114.3 7J

I love them, they are a classic. I bought them from Trigger (my cousin, as you know Mark) as I went through a faze of

really wanting (often do) a tidy early model evo (2 GSR spec) before current R32 sedan.He had a few sets of wheels and they are missing two centre caps and had a random gutter rash that was oddly on the inside edge of one wheels, so I don't think he was super attached to them to warrant spending the coin to fix and hunt out centre caps so sold them to me.

I got the wheel fixed by Warren (Rim-rite) as it wasn't that bad and he ended up giving me a decent price on it because we yarned about cars, his projects and I wasn't a muppet (at least I hope...)

There's a set of T1R's for them there too, and now that a friend has bought, and had a wicked panel and paint job done on my old CD5A w/genuine E2 kit (was stolen, stripped and recovered, no insurance :-( ), he wants them.

One of the nicest 34s I've seen

Cheers man, not bad for a poor chap from Palmerston North ha! though I can't claim the majority of the work unfortunately,

But why spend 50+ to do it yourself when you highly approve of someone elses modifications completed at a fraction of the cost?

Just tweak a few things to personal preference.

None of it was ticked, I worked and saved to buy it, so why not?

He forgot to say it's like 400kw also lol

Is fast.

Sweet shed!

No Simon, not that much man.

Only 335 on 95.

did the crown come from auckland? i think its been to a few meets.

fucking jelly of all your shit

Nope, Crown not from that far away, infant really close, it's was here in Palmy and had been for at least a year or two.

Work and save man, maybe in a smallerboringplacelikepalmythough instead of super city?

Now some drinking I can't afford!

yep,

was thinking he may have meant that one.

I remember seeing it on TM recently

new bitch at shed,

tuz9.jpg

need to change coilovers at some stage soon, got Greddy Type-S set to replace the Hypermax HKS stuff.

They both look to be in good condition but the HKS set is non-body ajustable, so height is done with spring tension,

and alas at its current height, its un-captive.

was happy with scoring the Greddy set for a decent price (<$700)

but now they've arrived, I swear they're the same as dirty ole BC's, just labelled different.

oh well, look to be in good condition, and good quality, plus as obvious by the purchase, are body adjustable.

• Like 1