T series irs LSD?

chees-

i've searched allot for this and can't find any straight forward info.

i've currently got a torsen lsd out of a gt4 which should apparently fit my t series diff.

opened up the normal diff and took out the stub axles, the splines on the original stub axles are smaller and the bolt spacing for axle are also smaller.

anyone know anything about this?  

I have personally have built a torsen lsd from a altezze into a f series diff, it is just the centre that can be used, the pinion and crown wheels don't swap over. I used original f series stub axels. I had to make custom side shims to get the correct preload on the side bearing and the correct backlash between the pinion and the crown wheel, this didn't take very long to make., bit of time on a lathe is all.  the stub axels for factory lsd are shorter . not by much , and not the splined part, just the overhang. they may need trimming down if you have the longer ones.

BUT , I wouldn't every do it again, the toresn lsd is shit for anything but traction racing, if you plan to do burnouts and try and drift it I would advise you not to waste your time with it.  Toyota lsds are hard to find and not very good, best to save up your bucks and get a trd or a cusco and never have to worry about it again

I found that the torsen would act like a open if you get to much loss of traction to one wheel, like if you try snake it on the second flick it would open up to a huge one wheeler  .and if you have short stroke suspension with not a lot of travel , and you get a wheel of the ground when it hits the ground again the torque will destroy the torsen and blow it into a million bits. they are crap for abuse they cant handle it at all .

best of luck to you to find a true plate type lsd, they are worth the money in my opinion .

Ha, yea swap to F series and find an older LSD.

Tell me if you need the trailing arms too haha,

As Alex (Al_feinted) didn't have any when I bought a subframe off him, and to steal an ED saying, I'm working at glacial pace.

Usually pay $600 ish for an older factory F LSD, if you find one cheaper jump on it.

Or,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/toyota/diffs-axles/auction-598448364.htm

Do it the easy/hard way :-)

I may have a whole rearend for sale if i find it dosnt fit my celica. I dont have the correct diff ratio anymore either

how much are you looking for(pm me) 

also does anyone know if an gx81 subframe will bolt into the 61? cause i currently plan on buying kurts one along with his 1gge