Phib3r_0ptik's 1962 Suzuki MA50 Seplet

Benno

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ben! Good work man its looking great, top effort. Black wheels look tops to. Did those bolts work that I dropped round to you? I've just got the paint all done on my C50 its looking mint as, ride the MA50 over when shes running strong man! 

FUCK!! its a 12v bike!?!?

of all the things i did, i never once had that thought cross my mind, Stoked for you man. sounds like its reving freely, it must have been the 6v spark i was runing that cause the weird rev limiter effect. 

cant wait to see this on the road, and feeling like a retard for assuming it was 6 volt like all my other bikes!

• Like 1

Took it for a quick test ride today. Pretty sketchy on wet ground with no brakes, so didn't give it too much of a thrash. Something seems to be loose in the front suspension, it wobbles around a lot which doesn't help either.

Points still fucked and needs a bit of a tune, otherwise it seems to be running well. The clutch cable is still quite sticky and takes a while to release, I'll keep trying to free it up or replace it. Need to investigate this battery charging system next, have ordered a cheap shitty rectifier/regulator from ebay.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Progress on this is temporarily suspended as I have got myself a new toy to play with. Scored this for free off a relative. Bit of work and it seems to be running like a charm. Went down and got new plates for it today. After taking it for a ride I was amazed at how much power there was for a 50cc engine, after some investigation turns out it actually has an 80cc engine. Hopefully no-one ever looks closely enough at it for it to be an issue, engines look identical. Plans are to get this tuned up and running nicely and keep fairly stock while I work on making the ma50 wild, then once thats running turn my attention back to this.

Might be tempted to repaint the tank and acquire some sweet drag bars and a nicer seat for it in the mean time, will see how things go.

fIbLDxg.jpg

• Like 5

I was feeling bored so had a go at photoshopping up some ideas for the A50. Thinking that something along the lines of this with some drag bars and a sweet seat might look alright. Planning on dailying the a50 so probably won't actually get around to doing anything major on it until the ma50 is working.

6KcdC4L.jpg

Ideas/suggestions/abuse?

Definelty modify it! Then come riding ! Had a new friend of qcr ride today on his gt50 . It had nice clip on and a cafe seat. Easy cheap mods and looks great!

I dig he army style green!

Black wheels.

Slim Black seat.

Drag bars.

Loud pipe

Remove Indicators

Remove all guards!

• Like 1

Spotted you today in Hornby - love the blue Helmet!

I was the cunt aggressively tail gating you in the westpac car trying to identify lol.

Putting out a bit of smoke there chap!

Got a bit of work done on the A50. So far I have fitted drag bars, removed indicators, added a rear light and cleaned and painted the exhaust. 

Next step is to get the dent out of the tank and get the paint sorted, followed by sorting out a slim seat. Still not decided on what colour to do it, tossing up between matt army green or a gloss dark blue or something. Been dailying it and it's been running like a dream.

VD1uBNk.jpg

tlObGiB.jpg

I liked the idea of grey, so decided to go with a metallic gunmetal grey. Keen to get into pulling off the tank and painting it, but don't really like the idea of having to walk to uni again so might have to wait.

Found some motivation to get onto the a50 over the weekend. Went for a metallic gunmetal grey for the tank and black shocks. Need to do something about those plastic side covers. Thought about removing them completely at one point, but decided that it wasn't worth losing the 2 stroke tank and having to run pre-mix. The tank is far from a perfect job, but shouldn't look too bad with a bit of a polish once the clear coat is dry.

I tried no guards, but decided the back looked gay with nothing so chopped it down a bit. Reckon it would probably look better with it chopped back further, so will get onto that at some point. Might look better without one on the back with some slam. 

aAgTYtV.jpg

dLtH0Bu.jpg

eYFo1P6.jpg