nothingsfree's vvti 2jzge jzx90...

nothingsfree

I dont even remember buying this car. Late 2011, while on a bender for Bairdy's 25th, I was offered a stock standard jzx90 mk2 with a blown head gasket for cheap. I woke up the next day wondering who the x90 outside belonged to. After finding some keys in my room, and going through my txts from the day before, I slowly came to the realisation that it must be mine, stoked! Even more so when I saw how little money had left my account to pay for it! Ever since, it has been a long term work in progress.

pc160002.jpg

pc160003.jpg

Although the car had done nearly 300,000km the interior was in good condition, and the outside wasnt bad either, just the odd wee dent etc. The auto 2jzge under the bonnet wasnt in such good shape. It had been cooked on the way to Dunedin, and then driven back to Chch with a blown head gasket. Still, I decided to get the head checked anyway, and it actually turned out to be fine, so with a new water pump, cambelt and head gasket, it was put back together.

pc160001d.jpg

pc160007b.jpg

Now that the big ol boat was drivable, it was time to lower it, and make it undrivable on Chch's earthquake roads. I picked up a set of HSD's from an unfinished drift project, and a couple pairs of Hard Race adjustable arms to sort out the camber and toe issues that these things suffer from when you slam them.

pc230008.JPG

p1100002w.jpg

p1100001.JPG

p1110003ra.jpg

With the height sorted, I needed some new wheels. I ended up with a set of 17x9 +15 Dot coms. It really needs 18's to fill the arches, but these would do for now, and I really liked the bronze/champagne colour combo.

pc270021.jpg

pc270022.jpg

So with the car looking a little more presentable, it was off to Wayne Martin once again for cert. And for the past year or so the car has been on daily driver duties, which brings us up to now..

• Like 2

Iv owned a bunch of jzx chassis over the last four or so years. Iv done the whole turbo thing, and I wanted to do something different with this one. Something that Iv wanted to do for years, so here is the second stage of the project...

Mk2 Part 2.

p2270004k.jpg

2jzge vvti engine and 6x 4age itb's!

I picked up an engine with 80,000km, and at this stage the plan is keep the engine standard. Surfab is going to make an intake manifold to suit the itb's, and a sweet set of stainless headers. I already have a Link G4, so Iv just bought another loom, and will share the ecu between the two cars..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...