1987 1uz e30 (the Sake Bomb.)

d.p.n.s

axles arrived today so banged them in with the diff

mmmmmm diff and axles (some fucking weight there)

dvih.jpg

also got the motor and box back out to start cleaning it up.

standard motor

dscf6676k.jpg

now with everything not need removed (saving about 16 tons and freeing up 12 million hp)

I made some alloy covers to full the gaps and keep the shit out...just running the alt of the crank now.

34ed.jpg

that is all for now back to your man caves

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i did the calculations for the weight reduction on the 1UZ and got exactly the same figures, 16 tons and twelve million HP!

looks like we both got our sums exactly right!

that's good to know.........thought my calculations might have been a wee bit off

• Like 2

final got around to sorting the engine harness out I put it all back on the motor and pluged it all back in still getting code 56 but that's all good.

its all taped up now ready for when the motor goes back in.

painted the engine bay a few days ago.. the same colour I plan to do the body its white but I used acetone  to thin the paint and it drys fast and I wanted the white to look flat as I don't what a shine on it.came out pretty sweet looks like powder.

i57l.jpg

as far as master cylinder sizing goes mate  when I was looking around for a hydraulic bearing I came across a dude in oz that used the howe bearing and the standard e30 master cylinder and it all worked perfectly.....so that was about that.

the release bearing its self is very soild and a few mates that have used others in the past have said it looks better then most out there (and cheapest I could find)

it does come with all the shims you need to space it out.

but once its all in and ive bleed it then ill know for sure if its all going to work well..

for me mate it was a cost thing as well I had to find the cheapest one to buy and then from there I would just make it work.

fuck pick a part down here in chch is awesome.....there was no one there

I got a header tank, washer bottle with pump, oil cooler with hoses and clamps, 2x ALT brackets  and 5 wiring plugs   $42

so alt is mounted now.

bqnd.jpg

and engine bay is fulling up now

a80t.jpg

those release bearings very robust..it requires a 3/4" master cylinder.

im running the exact same unit in my stockcar.

these are the cheapest units you can get... ive used a quartermaster unit before but were overpriced for their reliability..

project is coming along nicely mate

• 2 weeks later...