Ned's 7K Drop Hatch Starlet

Ned

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still in the garage trying to get some last minute things done before the classic jap meet.

Found some black spray paint and have lots more black bits on the KP now haha.

Another busy day tomorrow and then a nice relaxing Sunday :-)

• 1 year later...

cheers guys,

and no, you just take a punt and hope you're up to the task really.

you CAN probably model bits of the circuit in some weird program, but thats only part of it as the layout often has a lot to do with it all and you cant really. Plus i've never used the modeling software so wouldnt even know where to begin haha.

you just design a schematic (kinda like a wiring diagram) and then you do the PCB layout and route all the tracks etc. The software will tell you if your PCB matches the schematic and can perform a design rule check, where you can setup things like "i want my tracks to be no closer than 0.15mm from each other" and it will run through and tell you if that all passed.

• Like 1

Has 2 ignition and 2 fuel with 2 more fuel outputs that need extra drive circuitry to use it. Its really made for 4 cyl batch injection and wasted spark but can do sequential injection if you really want to

So the ECU has 6 outputs good enough to do fancy timing for spark or injection. 2 injection and 2 spark and 2 that go to low side switches. Those low side switches can be used to drive a coil if need be, but need some extra hardware (just like a microsquirt) and they may not actually work very well for old style spark? they may have to be logic input like COP or newer LS coils but not sure, havent looked into it that much.

The board is being made, i expect that to get shipped today/tomorrow so hope to have it early next week.

The parts have already been shipped, so they will arrive monday first thing

new motor has been found and am picking that up tomorrow afternoon, and the car is already at Cams where we'll be utilizing his new garage toys this weekend for engine swap :D

Then next week will be make and test board and then do wiring etc weekend after... gonna be fun!