twin sidies on a 1600 esky

Goblin

How to go about the brake cylinder thingy lol

Rip the whole booster set up out of the car, unbolt the master cylinder from the booster, use a die grinder to open the hole on the firewall up a bit, bolt master to firewall then cut the rod from the pedal to suit, bend lines to new position and bleed.

Rip the whole booster set up out of the car, unbolt the master cylinder from the booster, use a die grinder to open the hole on the firewall up a bit, bolt master to firewall then cut the rod from the pedal to suit, bend lines to new position and bleed.

What supports the brake rod at the master cylinder end if you do this?

Thanks

Other options are:

1) Lower the brake booster by about 50mm or

2) Buy a 1300 manifold from Palmside as this allows the carbs to sit above the booster - still close though.

Both options probably wont allow an air filter but individual socks work

What supports the brake rod at the master cylinder end if you do this?

Thanks

Cut it to the right length and round the end off, it fits in the hollow in the end of the cylinder, worked fine on my van.

Or try to get hold of an early prebooster mk1 cylinder and rod.

Other options are:

1) Lower the brake booster by about 50mm or

2) Buy a 1300 manifold from Palmside as this allows the carbs to sit above the booster - still close though.

Both options probably wont allow an air filter but individual socks work

Yea i wouldnt mind getting a 1300 manifold save me from modifying the brake cylinder lol total noob :toothy7:

im running twin 40s on a 1600. i took whole set up off of firewall bent the bolt to firewall tabs in the vice so the whole unit sat 50ishmm lower, then redrilled the holes for the inner guard bracket to suit. its actually made the brakes better 2.

done it myself and it works