Where to get cable barrels (or whatever they are called)

vivaspeed

Tried to make the tilting seats in my Viva work properly and the mechanism in one was no longer attached - pretty much explained why it didn't work.

After peeling back the seat upholstery I see the cable had snapped and was missing a part...

I think it's called a cable barrel. It has a flat on the back of it so it sits in a lever, which is different to most designs I've seen on the internet which don't have the flat - i.e. used in carb throttle linkages etc.

Anyone got any good sources for these types of things? About 5mm diameter (or imperial equivalent)

cablebarrel.jpg

In position (at the good end, not the difficult inside the seat bit)...

seatlever.jpg

Would you like to borrow my time machine to go back to the future- to the Vauxhall parts department circa 1970's? The time tunnel might trip you out a bit and you might end up making your mum fall in love with you or some other weird shit. Otherwise I would recommend going down to Fortress fastenings, or if no luck there go to or ring Burnsco, the marine outfit, they carry some weird cable fixings in stock for boats etc