Changing Stud Pattern

Muncie

Ok guys looking to change the stud pattern from 4x114.3 to 5x114.3 with newer 12mm 1.5mm wheel studs on my Triumph 2500 so i can get better looking wheels for it

has anyone found a rotor and caliper combination that slip on front stubs of these cars with the 5 stud pattern i'm after?

I know i could use those bolt on adapters but i'm pretty sure that would push the wheels out past the guards and i dont want to even attempt pumping the guards out I like it all nice and standard looking body wise. Has anyone tried redrilling hubs and fitting new studs? this is what i'm contemplating welding up old holes and drilling new ones.

Tell me what you think

Print Low'N'Slows template and enlarge/shrink it to make the correct scale size then see if there will be enough room on your hub..

From memory the trumpy hubs have 4 "ears" (for lack of a better word) that the studs locate in - going 5 stud you might end up with one or two floating in space/holding on by the smallest of margins..

Funny you should mention that i have used SD1 brake calipers on a trumpy i had before big 4 piston units worked pretty good, the rovers run a bloody massive stud pattern though and getting decent looking wheels for them is also a hassle well expensive too and same problem with redrilling them not much room to move studs inwards.

Have Owned a Sd1 was a top car though everytime i got it running right i'd scatter the spider gears in the diff.

Am looking at grafting in skyline front struts now as a Upgrade to the whole front end. just need to get hold of parts and start measuring.