R100's Sensible Slammed Terrano family wagon

R100

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro keep on topic. This thread is about my wagon ill never finish. Stay tuned ill try post up some more pics of some mags i want to put on it or a head deck ill put in it then later on sell. But in all honesty i do need to make some progress on it as its stick on my hoist.

• Like 2

Since Ive built my terrano. Alot of people have been interested in building one for themselves. I wonder how many more will come out of the woodwork. Ive put a couple of photos of mind up on the local chch pages and ive had mainly good feed back about it

• 1 year later...

Have done a bit more on this project but not much.

I lifted the front leaf brackets  25mm and remade the area going over the diff head to be a little shallower to allow for the head not hitting it.

Fuel tank sits to high and needs approx 35mm cut out of it to make it clear the terrano body (tank is from a ute)

I have sliced the tank in half and will weld is back together, will also need to shorten up the fuel gauge sender and intank pump assembly to suit.

2ryozt0.jpg

BEFORE

264nxo9.jpg

AFTER

slquco.jpg

• 6 months later...

Bit of an update.

I decided on a TD42 Turbo for maximum torks.

Engines quite long so one of the cylinders bobs up and down under the dash. 

Will chuck some better pics up next week or something.

w96wic.jpg

• Like 9

TD42's in everything i say. 

As much as i would love a manual i felt as though i really needed something decent behind the TD42 and no W series or Nissan "big box" would cut it.

The safari/patrol 5 speed FS5R50A boxes are more or less a truck gearbox. Not only are they friggin huge, they are very hard to find in RWD format. Even then they are a remote shifted box as used on a Civilian bus.

The standard Safari, Patrol, Civilian auto trans is a RE4R03A with a 4WD transfer box bolted to it.

Im using a RE4R03A from a 300ZX (VG30DETT) bolted to a standard TD42 bellhousing.

Its semi electronic so i will need to do some electronic trickery to make it work correctly. 

Should tow pretty mean once completed.

• Like 2

Hey man. You can make that trans operate manually without the ecu quite easily. Im a real fan of that box after fiddling with my safari one.

The same box is behind vh45 motors in the leopard (I think) and it has more clutch plates than the safari version and maybe yours too -maybe worth checking.

There are differences in the input shaft too - it's either longer or shorter for the diesels compared to that on the VH version so you may want to swap em over.

If you REALLY Wanted to be flash you could have someone create a simple circuit to enable the use of paddle shifters.

Hey man. You can make that trans operate manually without the ecu quite easily. Im a real fan of that box after fiddling with my safari one.

The same box is behind vh45 motors in the leopard (I think) and it has more clutch plates than the safari version and maybe yours too -maybe worth checking.

There are differences in the input shaft too - it's either longer or shorter for the diesels compared to that on the VH version so you may want to swap em over.

If you REALLY Wanted to be flash you could have someone create a simple circuit to enable the use of paddle shifters.

From my understanding if i get it running with no electronics i should have second and third only ?  

If thats the case 1st can be on a button and so can 4th (overdrive) as there's already a button on the factory terrano shifter for this. 

Always hard to find any good information when your building random weird shit.