R100

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from the commercials pic thread;

when i did my one, the donor navara chassis was a long wheel base so i was going to have to cut it anyway.

putting terrano body on a swb chassis= have to make body mounts and fuel tank mounts

putting navara front clip on the front = have to cut and join chassis, cut terrano suspension out of the back and make some other rear suspension work

if i did it all again id probably use a swb 2wd chassis and chop the body mounts off the terrano chassis, and make or swap the terrano gas tank mounts onto it. you could even make some of your money back by putting a navara cab on the terrano chassis- 4x4 ute for cheaps

• 5 months later...

Im still building this. After i first purchased my Terrano i have started a business on the side wrecking D21 Terranos and Navaras. I now have at least 10 Terranos in my yard at one given time.

Anyone know the fuel economy of a VG30E engine ? Have decided to ditch the diesel and go for some V6 power. So iether a VG30E or a V6 3800 commy engine. Or.. maybe a VG30DE but not sure how they fit in the engine bay.

Not interested in turbos. Just want some good towing grunt and V8 is not an option either. D21 ngine bays are just too short for the effort.

dont the petrol ones come with a VG30? or am i wrong>?

Yes they do. I have several of them in my yard and altho i have driven them, its only been to test the transmissions prior to removal. Ive never driven one longer than 10 minutes to test the fuel economy. They seem to go well and sound nice with a pod filter. The VG30 is what i would like to fit. Mainly because its a bolt in job. But ive been told to expect 22ks per 4 liters for a terrano with VG30.

My understanding is a V6 Holden engine is either the same or better in fuel economy ? Dunno..

hey R100,old mans D21 pathfinder is VG30e 5 speed manual.can get from our place in chch to greymouth on half a tank,so good on the open road.round town...........bloody thing drinks like a V8,would be lucky if we get 350km out of a tank :/

Do you know how much moneys to fill the tank from empty ?

• 1 month later...

Ok have decided on useing a VG30e engine and matching RWD box. I have a whole nz new double cab navara with a factory V6 so that will be my donor engine package. Ok so i have all the bits now. Just gotta find time to bolt it all together. Have also aquired piles of parts along the way. If anyone else wants to do this sort of conversion i have everything you need.

• 9 months later...

Haven't done any updates for 9 months but i am still building this.

Forklifts are lots of fun.

Picture below showing my donor engine and 5 speed.

Currently the chassis below is a LWB but i will be swapping over all the running gear from the LWB to a SWB chassis i have.

The V6's have bigger brakes and bigger diffs than the 4 cylinder utes.

Although i constantly change my mind when it comes to wheels i think ive decided on a set of widened 15" steelies. Maybe 15x9" or 15x10" all round with some 265 60 15 tires and raised white lettering. 

t8wvwo.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cut the old ute tray mounting brackets off today along with the 4x rear mounting brackets off the donor 4x4 chassis. 

No other progress today.

Next step is to fit the ute chassis under the Terrano body and line up the new mounts ready to weld.

Will do this later on in the week.

dfkml4.jpg308egrk.jpg

6gh45f.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Any chance of some updates ive just done one. Started with a lwb chassis. Ive gone with td27t manual column shift with a bench the front. Kept the running boards and spare wheel holder. Running 16x10 with 245 50s on them. Going to a hilux bumper on the front also