what gearboxs fit in front of a mk2 cortina bench seat?

burrowssj

I just happen to have a fully driveable manual column shift dereg cortina in my driveway. But its not mine ]and its to good to part out. Would only take some rust repairs to get it close to road legal.Unfortunately I have to piece things together at this stage

Its not my car and my brother wont even give me a cheaper deal on it unfortunately. If I could I would have done it already.

He wants 1500 for the car. probably need anther 1500 work to get it on the road and its in no way tidy needs twice the work mine does

And like I said, its to good to part. its got about 4 rust holes. needs new carpets an a repair on front seat. Its got maybe 3 dents that are notable and need fixing, the grill is damaged, the Brakes are sloppy and suspension is sloppy to... Wouldn't take a hell of a lot to get it on the road and considering how many are left it would be sad to scrap it for a gearbox. That and once I take the gearbox out theres not much left to scrap except metal :lol:

Plus im a hoarder and I wouldn't let anyone near it

I got box :D thanks to horse

teeth on reverse are worn.How much wear is to much? the rest of the box looks good. Is there a way to test the bearings?

Does anyone know what flywheel I need? its a 1500 cortina box onto a 1600 block.

And will I need the 1500 starter motor?

20 questions I know

i dont think theres much difference between the 1500/1600 flywheel, I will check my 1600 auto and see what starter it has, im 99% sure they are the same between the auto and the manual. i have a pedal box, possibly the master and slave cylinders too

also felixx i have one of those floor change boxes sitting in the shed if you need one

The 120E 1500cc flywheel has only four crank bolts. The 1600cc is six bolt.

There was an interim engine that is sometimes called a 1500cc with a six bolt crank (and lip seal instead of rope seal). It was called something like a 2136 (I can't remember)

Most everything else is the same.

• 3 weeks later...

So took old bellhousing out today to find that the box I got from horse won't fit >.< the mounting points are different. :( back to square one.

Also does anyone know how to split torque convert from engine? I got the 4bolts holding it together off but it seems to just spin freely without coming off? My manual had no mention of how to remove it so Wondering what ive missed