105e Anglia brakes HELP!

shadow69

Hey all new to this site, So have read through other post about brakes. I'm having problems bleeding brakes, I have tried everything, i've bleed clockwise anti clockwise, diagonally, had someone pumping the pedel while i bleed them, raised the rear of the car, clamped hoses. I have all new hoses, master cylinder and slave cylinders.

Please what am I missing is driving me mad lol

Shadow

where are you shadow?

I too own a 105e and had all manner of issues.

1) new hoses, check there is no weeping from joints, I had a flare nut fail.

2) New master cylinders, I had one of them that I suspect leaked from the start

3) Wheel cylinders - the bleed valve on the front is at the bottom, remove the hubs and bleed them upside down

4) use heaps of brakefluid to get rid of any bubbles

Make sure you pump the brakes slllloooooowwwww. Else the turbulence mixes up the air bubbles already in the system and then they reform after settled for a while. If you've got metal lines, check that none of those have been crushed/dented as they act as check valves if you do.

What happens after you try bleeding them? Still having a spongy pedal? Are you keeping the master topped up as you go?

If i pump it hard there is a bit of tension but when I push down again it goes to the floor, I was thinking if adjusting them would make a difference so will try that. Also the car isnt running currently was thinking about getting her running would that make a difference? maybe help ear bubbles move through?

Sorry what do you mean by dress the linings anglia4?

Definitely check the linings are all OK and adjust the brakes first - I assume you have bench bled the master cylinder? If not then do that, then move onto bleeding the wheel from the furtherest away from the master cylinder and move to the closest. Keep the fluid full as much as possible and give it nice even presses of the pedal like you are squeezing the accelerator down - around 1 stroke up or down every 1 or 2 seconds is best - otherwise you can airate the fluid if you pump it too hard and fast.

If these things give no result - then check that the master-cylinder to pedal pushrod length is not too long and preventing the master cylinder piston returning home each pedal stroke. You normally adjust this with the threaded adjuster between the pedal and master - if it does not have a threaded adjuster then you will need to grind it down with a bench grinder - thus this is the last resort - cos obviously you can't easily add more length back on once you have taken it off..

Hope this helps.

In anglias post 64 there is no pushrod adjustment.

Adjust up your brakes first, this could be 1/2 your problem, also if the wheel cylinders have extended too far, they may have begun to leak.

Are you losing fluid? If so, where is it going?

If you are not losing fluid, then there is air.

Also running the engine will make no difference sorry