P_Star's Lada of Space Invader!

P_Star

Probably of zero interest to anyone but I will stick any progress on here for as well as over on ore... mainly coz you guys know all about weird vehicles :D

Ok, I am picking this bad boy up on Saturday and figured I should start a build thread of sorts... not that I have many plans other than drive, break, repair, rinse, repeat. But also figure a good spot for discussions around tyre choice etc etc

Pics:

9htzjw-640x500.jpg

9htzmh-640x500.jpg

9htzml-640x500.jpg

9htzy4-640x500.jpg

9jf0ty-640x500.jpg

I will likely slap a coat of paint on it due to it's horrendous ugliness. however most important thing right now is tyres... I am trying to figure out the best way to go.

It isn't going to be road legal (at least at this stage) so I just want some grunty muds that won't ruin the gearing... not too worried about height as such as I'm happy to trim/raise stuff to make it work, just want the best combo for the little thing.

So, best height and width? I have done a bit of reading and it sounds like up to about 32 is ok... but not sure about width... horribly tempted to put a set of 34" swampers on it but fairly sure the thing will cease to move lol.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, she is at home... let's say she should be a fairly good base to work with.

Seller translation:

Rust in the normal places, but I have sorted these - means - Rust in normal places, now filled with expanding foam

project that I have worked on for the last 3 years - means - I filled the holes with space invader and used blocks of wood in various places.

hmmm

Ok well to be honest I'm not too fussed about the rust but I will pull the foam out and use her to practice my welding, ended up home late last night so havn't had a chance to see how bs his claims of mint brakes/clutch/gearbox.. hopefully they aren't full of foam too but shall report back.

Need to suss out the electrics too, only the indicators work via the trailer plug but that shouldn't be to complex.

today I am going to go pick up the new rubber from up north.

not too bad at all, if you sit between 80 and 90 it just trundles along easy enough, didn't have any major issues except when forgetting and looking in the mirror thinking "why the fuck is that cunt so close!!... oh, that's mine" lol.

Made a few knocking/rattling noises but only when low speed manoeuvres which was I think mainly due to the low of the lux and hitting stuff with the towbar/frame/chain when pulling into driveways and whatnot

Cheers man that could be helpful :) don't worry those rims and tyres are history, picked up some 16's with SAT's on the weekend which will go on once I have done a lift :D

So much for buy, tyres, drive... this is OS after all... can't help myself. Mind you id does need lift... and i have to pull all the fucking foam out and see what's really there/chop bits off/remove bits/ fit new bits lol