Toyota T code diffs

Snoozin

Have decided X and U code diffs can gtfo, are expensive now and in short supply - so want to shorten a T code and smash it in the KP.

What I need to know is, what variants I should be looking out for, and what differences there are, which would be best for my application? Can the T series LSD's (aftermarket/TRD etc) be used in any T series housing or are they to suit specific vehicles.

Drum braked is fine.

Thanks!

Only difference in LSD's dude is there are two axle sizes, the larger size is used in facelift 86's and some IRS stub axles. The LSD units will swap between all the crown wheels and heads so you can figure out your axle size and then sort a LSD

I was going to say you are venturing into a diff that is just as sort after (if not more) than X & U code stuff, but if you are prepared to go drum you'll be fine. Go grab a drum diff (or two) out of a drum braked Carina and go for it, all of these I have seen so far are the early type axle

Yeah drum is fine, it's more an insurance issue... X and U's don't like being beaten on so much, and LSD units are measurably more expensive and much rarer than T series stuff. I shouldn't break stuff with a K series in the front, and should be able to give it a bit of a beating/my gearbox will be the weak link now.

Basically what I wanted to hear though.

Richie in all honesty T series diff is probabaly likely to cost you as much as U or X due to Takumi Tax

Shit no if he is willing to go drum he should get a diff for a reasonable price, I couldn't give away a couple of drum T-series out of Carina's I had, especially as the ratios were fairly boring 4.1:1. As above you will be able to get a early LSD without to much trouble, just dont bother with the factory ones! no lock up ramps. Torsen one from a celica would be nice for track days, not so much for skids