Flibois 20valve aw11

BlownCorona

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. Your cap looks ok, hard to say from photos.

You might be able to fit some shells and call it good yet. Like Truenotch said you can fit the mains in place with the caps off just use an old shell or a feeler gauge to push them out/in.

Mark everything before you take it apart so you know where it came from and which way it faced. The caps aren't interchangeable.

Do these have an oil cooler?

also, im not sure in the oil cooler, i havnt seen one when ive been under there, but it almost looks like there were lines for one and its been removed. there are a few things like this i have to work through and clean up before i start it up again.

things like plumbing up the coolant system and getting plug leads etc..

EDIT: just occured to me 4age_addict, your mate may know, does this car require/have a cert for the 20v. the person i got it from said he never really had any issues with wof and if your mate built it several years ago, i would assume neither did he.

20v doesn't really require a cert for a WOF... 90% of them get WOF's without anyway.

Grab a set of 2pot celica calipers and facelift AW11 discs for solid stopping.

Re: oil cooler - some AW11's had them fitted factory, but I've never actually seen a factory one in place. They often have the spacer plate with bungs where the lines used to go and nothing else.

sweet as, was never really planning on certing it anyway.

once i sus all the engine out, which shouldnt take more than a couple weeks, ill probably put about an hour of runtime on it, on the stands and make sure i havnt missed any fluid lines etc..

its always a little hard coming into a bit of a mess that you didnt make.

• 2 weeks later...