Flibois 20valve aw11

BlownCorona

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a video should be live soon, reallllly should have let it warm up a little more since its quite obveous i didnt.

sounds friken weird at idle in this video, though it does sound a little tractory anyway, ive been looking it up and it appears to be a common thing stemming from generally noisey injectors and the vvt pully. im led to believe that itll sound a little odd but be fine,

its also running on 2 year old fuel which wont be helping anything, and i have some injector cleaner for it for when i put some nice new fuel in it.

odVna6nhJxA

I aim to get it wofed and regod as soon as possible so i can get some proper driving on it and see if the engine needs anything else.

That sounds louder than a VVT pulley to me... Are you sure those bearings fitted right? Does it have the thrust washers in there?

Get an incar vid driving down the road - low load, medium load up a hill and a thrashing.

Edit - it could be a really bad cam pulley though, but the way it rattles as the revs drop sounds like a bearing noise.

yeah the sound came out really weird from that camera, pretty certain the bearings are good. the noise is alot quieter in reality and goes away when vvt engages, i will however get a video of those situations once ive got it legal etc..

im also pretty sure the timing needs to be set as it has a little hesitation when you blip the gas, need to get ahold of a timing like and double check it, also im slowly burning off all the old fuel so i can drive it on fresh fuel, im certain what ever is in it wont be ideal.

i need to find the plug for the factory gauge, this is high up on my list of things to do before it gets driven any real amount, there is a plug with a round clear/yellowy plastic fitting that would hang down about the right place, but from memory its a 2 pin plug and doesn't seem right,

forgive me if im wrong but wouldnt revving the tits of a fresh motor with unknown noises and no oil gauge be the worst thing you could have done?

wouldn't call it unknown noises or a fresh motor, the noise stops as soon as vvti engages and the motor sounds smooth as.

but yes, reving it like that isnt ideal as with any engine, i meant to warm it up but not really sure why i jumped the gun, just a laspse in concentration on my part,