Hilux axle code "107" whats the ratio?

Vintage Grumble

Been trying to work out what ratio my diff is, but cannot find any info anywhere, the problem is the build plate only has "107" stamped on it for the axle code, normally it would have a "G" or something in front of it? According to the charts I can find online, the letter gives you the head size, (there is no letter?) the first two digits give you the ratio, and the last gives you the center type (the last digit on my code is too high/not on the charts)

Anyone able to help here? Its an 81' RN40, with 12R engine and "Z52" box.

The diff should be a "G", and if I go by the first two digits "10", the ratio will be a 4.375, but then what the fucks the 7 mean? I'm kinda hoping that the last two digits of this code show the ratio, because "07" is 3.9, and that would suit what im doing way more.

There is no such diff code.

if the first two numbers are correct then it's 4.4 to 1

I'm going to guess that you miss read the 7 and it's supposed to be a 2 in which case it's a twin pinion non lsd.

Edit, but also, you could be reading the wrong thing... Every time I have seen the letter code before the center type ID and often they don't even put the code on there... I don't know why, something to do with jdm and nz new or something.

Do you have a picture of the spec plate?

Yeh, its def 107, didnt miss read it. Had a look at Keltics/Bens code last night, and his also has "Z52" on it, but his 3 digit number was higher, which would make sence if it was the ratio, as his is 4wd? The plates seem to be pretty shit, and missing some info.

Yeh, will have to jack it up and have a go at counting the turns.