4k cam choice?

troyzakp60

cam choice 4k

is this a good cam choice for a 4k with a 28/36 weber carb and ectractors? here is the trade me link http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =406715706

if it dosnt work here are the cams specs

"Type: Very Fast Road / Wade 140 / Max road special

Specifications:

IN Advertised duration at .017": 290 degrees

EX Advertised duration at .017": 290 degrees

IN Duration at .050": 239 degrees

EX Duration at .050": 239 degrees

IN Cam lift:.296"

EX Cam lift .297"

Lobe separation: 106 degrees

If you are after serious horsepower this cam is it. Still street drivable. This cam will have a very lopey idle and is suitable for high performance street use and/or rally applications. Power band 3000-8000 rpm.

This cam is straightened, undercut, precision ground and phosphate edged to aid with the running in process. This cam is ready to install and ready to run."

290 degrees duration is considered a fairly hefty amount for on road and the ports would likely need some work to take advantage of the cam, it would also need some hefty carburation to get cam this to really work. It would be a bit of a shit to drive around town and you'll get very sick of it if you are driving the car regularly because the usable power is well up the rpm range so would need big revs all the time.

280 would be your upper limit for the road but still would require some fettling and a decent carb to get the best out of it - I would run this on a weekend driver with a big smile.

270 would be a decent cam for the road and use daily it would slot in without too many other mods necessary though extractors would be a great addition.

I ran a mini with a single down draft weber and approx 270deg duration, was some kelford grind, cant rememebr which now but had around 210 @.050 about (about 260-270 adv duration) was good cam cam on about 3.5k and revd out to 7k. Nice Ropey idle but not a complete slut to drive. I just rang kelford at the time and asked for a fast road cam.