s5 rx7 auto to manual

3t starlet

ok so ive got a series 5 rx7 auto that i want to change to manual,ive got gearbox peddel box flywheel clutch fork clutch

well yet to buy one new of corase,few things not really sure on and cant seem to find the info so i ask in here..

drive shafts not sure if i need to change that..changing ecu anyways to manual been chipped etc

gearbox cross member different between auto /manual not sure.

any help would be helpful thanks..

yup the floor where the gearbox mounts is different..

i got my auto crossmember and some flat bar and made brackets for it to mount on..

the flat bar bolted flat to the body and ran forwards i think, then the crossmember bolted to that,and was cross braced etc..

you can get away with using the auto crossmeber from memory, i think i cut the corners of mine and bent it flat and welded it up.

youll see what i mean when you look at yours..

you need to do something with the auto inhibitor switch wiring so itll start...think these get wired together...

pretty sure the driveshafts are different,think the auto one is shorter..same spline though

USE the auto xmember and weld tags liek on the aussierota link

it i followed the whole set up off that aussie rota website its a good walk thru hardest part was getting a mate to do the wiring for me(which is piss easy) i used a manual ecu. you need manual pedal box driveshaft starter flywheel or lightened flywheel on your counter weight works fine

diff ratios are different but thats not a major

thanks for all your replys,i no s4 and s5 cross members are different,now know the drive shaft is different thanks,maybe its just the end? will be using auto ecu,shouldnt be hard to pin out for nutral and wire reverse lights.using a batty flywheel(new) new clutch etc got a new spigot beering to. was hoping there was no diff between s5 auto and s5 man..but got a welder and somone who is good on it (not me lol)

if anyone in hamilton got a drive shaft let me no thanks

i did a conversion on a mates s4. we had a half cut so i cut the mounts off that are welded in the tunnel where the crossmamber bolts to from the manual donor and welded them into the new tunnel in the correct spot. the floor was the same just different mounts.

done neatly its undectable by inspectors. well its factory mounts ect.

i did a conversion on a mates s4. we had a half cut so i cut the mounts off that are welded in the tunnel where the crossmamber bolts to from the manual donor and welded them into the new tunnel in the correct spot. the floor was the same just different mounts.

done neatly its undectable by inspectors. well its factory mounts ect.

havit got another car so will remake or mod to work sounds easy on the write up,if i can make a mount so a

t50 can go into a kp60 the rota should be piece of piss,cross the wof problem when/if it happens

can now comfirm a couple of things,auto drive shaft is 68mm to short but will go in man box,gona see if a s6 driveshaft will work

also the s6[batty] flywheel is lighter and is sweet as on the s5.. also can comfirm different mounting points for auto/man trans,but looks like we can just slot the holes on the mount and will be algood but yet to comfirm..

• 1 month later...

so its all up and running,manual speed o cluster,boost,cut man ecu etc,goes algood now being man,need to book in for a tune just to make sure mixtures are ok..o yea theres not only a differance in lenght between auto/man driveshaft but even the flange ends are diff aswell.