Anyone with a ute or access to one keen for...

Snoozin

...a quick road trip down to Palmy?

I need to get the KP up here, and there are enough parts that are also kicking around for the car that I really need a ute to throw stuff on the back of and tow a trailer with. Stuff to throw on the back will include 2x engines and gearboxes so there'll be a bit of weight to deal with

Cam has offered up his trailer already so this is a bonus. Obviously fuel, food, etc will all be covered plus some extra money or alcohol or what have you for your time.

Any takers?! I'm a bit stuck for ideas...

Thanks, Rich

When are you looking at coming down? I may have a car for you to haul down to help with costs.. It'll be a modern POS like a Civic or Corolla or something. My bro in law is looking for a new car and everything he likes is out of Auckland..

Ned, where from? The hire place I looked at when I was stuck for options at one point didn't have towbar-equipped trucks, which I thought was a dumb.

+1 to the borrowage of the Dodgiest of Sam's ute. 'Tis heartily slow (the two hills at Hunterville and Taihape completely destroy it) but it does the job :D

Keen to jump in for roadtrip if it happens!

Bro, i have the mint'st of mint vans that runs on LPG!!!!!!!!! welcome to it anytime, also its not too bad on the hills as the torque is just massive! ill make sure it dont smell like rubbish if you wanted to use it.

Or another option is to take trailer down with markku's saab, and come back in markku's / slacker.cams bluebird wagon??

My Buddyclub wheels are also still stuck in Wellington... so if they're still there by the time you decide to embark on the KP recovery mission, I shall try and arrange to have them taken to Palmy so they can be picked up at the same time.