OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah randomly found it on swapster.co.nz?

I'll drop her and then decide if I want to run with the 14x6.5's I have or if I'll go some deep dish 15's. I'll most likely stick to these for a while and then once the engine is done I'll focus on the body and wheels. How long do I need to be a member to receive the legendary sticker?

pay 5 bucks and your done

I have one you can use

Means you will have to come to the shit in bay view and have a beer

Im up for the challenge if you are. Will keep in touch dude, off to Auckland this weekend for the unveiling of my mates D1 car.

Hey does anyone know what box a manual RX30 would come with that runs a 18R? I think its a W50? And would it be any good behind a 1UZ?

Sweet. Thinking of running the W50 behind the 1UZ. If the car is only 1090 odd kg and its just a cruiser it should hold up ok ay?

Second question which someone might know: Would it be a major to fit the 18R thats in the car(mint running) and plonk it in a 1990 2.0 petrol hiace? I no longer need the hiace for the project as it will all go into this beast so I would like to get the Hiace up and running before I sell it.

Yeah if that box goes for too much I'll go down the W55 route. I wouldnt drive it hard enough for a R154. One thing I want is a very nice set of headers and exhaust. Want it to really sound like a V8(Well the best a 1UZ can sound). But Im not willing to spend $1000 for a set lol. So hard to justify spending half the cost of the car on stuff like that. Might look at making some :)

Pretty keen to catch up Duddley after the weekend. Going hard to get the car ready for a wof tomorrow. New screen goes in in the morning then down she does.

Getting there guys. Now have all the manual bits(minus the box and bellhousing) but on the way. I'll be getting all the bits I need then doing a weekend(or month) mission to get as much done as I can. Where would be the best place to get a full bush set for the car? I want to try and make it feel as nice to drive as I can(without loosing the oldschool feel). I'll also look into what might fit in the powersteering department. I have a shot elbow from my job so bit of a battle.

I cant believe how light this old girl is. She looks like a tank but according to wiki she's close to 1100kg. Should go well with a manual 1UZ :)

Needs more coilovers

2011-07-22153931.jpg

Here is the 18RG out of the Green one I posted on the last page

DSC01302small.jpg

Don't quote me on it but there was a reason we swapped the whole motor rather than the head, can't remember what that was though.

This was an injected motor my flatmate at the time ran on Solex's. No major issues doing that. One thing to watch for is some motors dont have a lobe to run a mechanical fuel pump so if theres a blanking plate its there for a reason.

so you may be able to answer, does the 18rg head really just bolt right onto the 18r block? i havnt been able to find any definitive info.

you got a fuel injected rg head or is it carby? could be pretty keen if its carby...

Hey dude. I cant be definite either sorry. Id only be goin goff what the guy said. He said he had done a lot of research and had also put a bit into getting the bits together. And sorry its the injected head. Apparently he has given me some bigger valve springs from a Subaru or something. I dunno. Seriously I have no idea I wasnt really listening as I was going to tak ethe motor out anyway haha. If the head is any good to you let me know dude. I know it will just sit here in the shed with the rest of my crap.

Nathan

Cheers. Gong to get her all certed once the conversion is done and then when I have the time she will be getting the full prep and paint. Interesting there is two different browns on these cars. I thought it was identical so got the bonnet off the parts car and its more of a dark flat brown. Mine is more like a metallic coppery brown. I'll look at the paint codes next time Im over there.

Man I love old cars. Everything is so cheap to do stuff!!!