How low can you go? (Legally w cert)

Ridal

camber is another thing discussed at training, a max of 2 degrees camber was suggested.

Truenotch - Yea I think the car will end up looking good, handling badly and being a bit difficult in general to drive around.

generally the opposite of what a legal car should be :lol:

it may look cool but if it doesnt drive any good theres no point, you will get sick of it quickly

That's real dumb. I guess it would be for the exact reason. If you were certed for real low on 15's and changed to 13's you could reduce the clearance by a substantial amount. Well the day and a half I had it at 20 ish mm it wasn't too bad so I would be surprised if 30-40 mm would be a huge issue. Although the roads are a bit worse now than December.

Clint, are there people that actively oppose all the new suggestions in the certification club when they have meetings?

I think it stinks that they wan't to ban things outright because in the end the people that have dangerous shit and crash and kill people dont even have a wof let alone a cert.

I regularly drove a 40mm car round town and open road and it was a cunt. My arse still puckers if there is a pebble in my lane. It was legal at that height but i am still dubious as to whether it should have been.

Ps these questions are fairly subjective as to legality. There is no black/white so these need to be directed at your certifier.

Pss -5deg front with 0 in the rear will look retarded

AE86.jpg

Retarded I think not. Arse puckering is most definitely a side effect of slam. It gets you good at reading ahead. Crossover skill with fixxie biking.

Also I would agree with Simon. People don't get cert without putting some amount of effort, time, and money into their cars to satisfy the high standards of LVVTA. I see cert as a line between the enthusiast and the bogan.

would be interesting to know what camber my corona is running on the rear, llokds escessive but handles a dream and doesnt seem to fuck tyres much at all....

Somewhere around 3-4 degrees is the normal for lowering toyota flappy trailing arm IRS. Set it up at 1.5 degrees with the camber mod and it had allot more grip in the rear

Clint, are there people that actively oppose all the new suggestions in the certification club when they have meetings?

I think it stinks that they wan't to ban things outright because in the end the people that have dangerous shit and crash and kill people dont even have a wof let alone a cert.

depends on what it is. but it is usually fairly well discussed among certifiers and/or the TAC (technical advisory commitee), and industry experts.

Basically the govt/NZTA would prefer us to not mess around with cars at all. The LVVTA works as a kind of mediator between the govt and us, developing rules and guidelines so we can modify cars if its done safely. It may seem like LVVTA is sitting around making rules to make life harder for everyone, but its actually the opposite, they are there to help, as the alternative is to not be able to do anything at all........

depends on what it is. but it is usually fairly well discussed among certifiers and/or the TAC (technical advisory commitee), and industry experts.

Basically the govt/NZTA would prefer us to not mess around with cars at all. The LVVTA works as a kind of mediator between the govt and us, developing rules and guidelines so we can modify cars if its done safely. It may seem like LVVTA is sitting around making rules to make life harder for everyone, but its actually the opposite, they are there to help, as the alternative is to not be able to do anything at all........

Ok yeah, it's good to know that.

On behalf of everyone x 1000 thanks for you input in this thread man.