Evans s1 rx7

Evan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude very cool rx7, s3 is the biggest front brake up grade that will let you keep 13" wheels. Im doing one on my 323.

Can you tell me if the disc and hub are as one unit?

Im having the worst time trying to find parts. Very long story.

keep it up

ill rip off a wheel when I have a chance and have a fiddle. Im pretty sure they are separate but ill check.

you wouldnt have any spare series 3 front calipers would you?

Edit: its all one piece. same as s1/2 only bigger.

• 10 months later...

honestly I havent touched it in months. took the trim off around the windscreen and found rust at the bottom of the windscreen, and some rust in the chassis rails where the engine subframe bolts up (YAY!). oh I broke the windscreen, thats the extent of my progress haha. As far as parts go theres nothing I need at the moment but I do need a couple of bumper end caps and a front bumper rubber strip if you know of any?

theres other things i need but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Bummer about finding more rust aye. I broke the windscreen in mine when I tried to take it out which really fucked me off at the time, but I was glad that I used a brand new replacement one in the end. Was pretty well priced if I recall.

Can't help you with the bumper end caps or front bumper strip sorry, as I've only got the ones on my car. The bumper end caps are pretty hard to come by, especially in decent condition. I wouldn't mind getting some carbon fibre ones made up when I get back to working on my Series 1 (then you can have my ones). :D

yea I knew I was going to break the windscreen. Ive got a new one coming in the next container from japan, wanted one with the aeriel in it for originality so went that way. to be honest the rust in the chassis rails is whats really pissed me off, the screwdriver was not my friend that day and was promptly thrown at the floor haha.

oh Im running with a series 3 back end after talking to you too. decided I wasnt keen on the re-drill option.

actually you wouldnt have a spare mint LH tail light lense?

actually not as much as you might think, however was some fun times the morning after finding paint in interesting places :lol: It was a fuck of a job (and not really necessary) but looks awesome now.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone who has pulled one of these apart (savanna model) know what these two plugs are for, white plug ( right arrow) has a red and a green wire coming from it and the other plug (left arrow) is black with a blue stripe. all the wiring diagrams I have dont mention these? the grey box is the emission control unit.

dsc00650s.jpg

Unfortunately on my bedside table I only have 616,808,323,626,rx2,rx3 and rx4 manuals. will find rx7 one later.

From memory I'm thinking black with blue stripe= possibly glovebox light and the other plug possibly fuelpump or unnecessary? Will check though

I used a s4 alt too. Worth doing the upgrade. Gets rid of the regulator box and all that wiring.

that is what I want to hear.

yea overall the wirings not overly complicated. not as scary as I thought it would be.

From memory, If you use the S4 alt you just wire one of the two wires in the plug to the ignition + and the other to the wire that gives the voltage reading on your tach before you start the engine. Then I just ran a chunky cable to the + cable on the starter motor and remember to have a really good engine/chassis earth.

Yeah, in retrospect I would have wired everything up then seperated the loom and removed all the un needed wires then.

Was a huge learning curb but taught me shitloads.

I drilled a hole behind the guard and ran all my wiring out there through a grommet, down the chassis leg. up into the corner for the headlight, motor, dip, indicator and horn (i drilled a hole into the headlight hinge mount and ran the wiring up the inside)

Then ran the rest of the wiring (LH headlight, dip, and motor, indicator, temp sensor,)across the front chassis bar. I mounted the fusebox up under the radiator shroud.

I ran some wiring behind the dash with a killswitch inside the glovebox which gave power to the coils and fans. Those wires went down the inside of the LH chassis leg.

The engine loom (temp, oil pressure, oil level, alt wires I ran down the side of the motor behind the AC mount on the front cover and along the bottom edge of the motor up into a bung in the lower firewall.

Only other thing I would have done differently and will do if I repaint the car is mounting the battery in the boot, moving the fusebox and running a thick gauge + cable down the tunnel to the starter motor