Evans s1 rx7

Evan

Yeah it makes it a complete bolt in swap (with the use of longer bolts through the chassis rails). its 100% reversible. There's some more mounts  on the rear of the subframe still to come, will see more of that when the engine mount set up is done.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the FC3S IRS idea. In one of my rotary books (the Yamaguchi one I think) there's a section about the prototype FC3S IRS being shoehorned into various SA22C test cars during development.

There was even talk of an early final version of the IRS making its way into the Series 3, imagine if that had been the case...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sweet build dude.

So you reckon no one in NZ has got a series 5 subframe certed in NZ? I'm in uk at the mo but going to bring my S3 back and I slapped one in that. Got wof easy over here but there is no equivalent of a cert or anything so dunno how it's going to be received by an engineer - will def have to pull it out and get crush tubes done for frame rails as I haven't modded the subframe at all.

Good luck with yours and let us know ASAP what the engineers say. I reckon one thing will be ensuring the steering column remains collapsable so when you come to mate the 2 halves, keep or remake the nylon pin joiner.

Umm I can think of 3 other shells off the top of my head that have had the swap done here in NZ, all using different methods etc for different reasons, and I'm am unsure if any of them have been run past the certifiers as they were all unfinished projects. Yeah steering column and sway bar set up were two parts I haven't looked at.

Currently this thing is on the market as I want to go to Europe for awhile/ages. Whether it will sell I duno... somehow I don't think it will (because of its current state)