Rhyscar

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, GARDRB said:

What are the cert requirements for an inline handbrake? Isn't the idea of a cable handbrake redundancy?

They are ok on a vehicle that have a Motorsport Authority Card, have to pass the MSNZ check.

image.png.223bf252ffb52fca6cc39a5bb7f1f5a4.png

• Like 3

On 26/04/2023 at 11:54, GARDRB said:

What are the cert requirements for an inline handbrake? Isn't the idea of a cable handbrake redundancy?

Yeah it’s not that involved when you have a msnz authority card. But general requirement is to have redundancy; which is achieved by the dual braking circuits in the pedal box. 

From my reading it sounds like you could do it without an authority card by using a split circuit master cylinder. But I’m guessing it’s a fine line that would need to be discussed with certifier. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Roman said:

You've been smashing out some amazing work on this.

So good! 

Thanks Dave. I'm ready for this project to be done sometime soon so I can commit money & effort to building all the other ideas in my head and doing some rallying. 

Prob still another year until it's ready to hit the track. No progress on wiring front :cry:

• Like 2

those are pretty much the same type of clip but they pop undone and are less 'adjustable' in terms of tension. 
perhaps the parts you want to be removable could be clamped onto AN fittings opposed to the hosetail threaded right into the unit? 

i personally dont like the reusable crimp clips for fuel since i worry they might unpop during use/not get clipped in properly, this is probably not founded in anything real, just a feeling. they do however beat worm clamps any day!

edit - those merc clips do actually have a little crimp loop to ensure good tension, so thats pretty good if you do go down that route. 

• Like 3