Glens Toyota Thunder Truck offroad racer

glen

Hey, thought i might as well start a thread.

My old man has been into off road racing forever.

Found out that a long time compeditor was selling up his truck and we went to look at it. and well we brought it .

41941045215370038331320.jpg

p1040898d.jpg

is a fairly trick truck. it's 4wd Mid engined and powered by a supercharged 1uz.

the bodys completely fibreglass only has a small amout of original chassis left everything else is tube.

Future plans are to strip it down and inspect the chassis for cracks etc.

it may very well in the near future be getting a 3uz with a larger eaton blower (only has a M90)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the truck started life being Rwd with a 3sgte, then later on he rebuilt it to run a 1uz that was mounted in the back with a v drive. then he converted it to run 4wd which is where it is at the moment.

Probly has around ~350hp

i didnt know we had these over here..

the US stadium trucks are insane to watch...

are there many expensive tricks bits on these or are they all fairly simple?

looks like a blast except maybe the bone shattering nose landings

yeah we don't have anything thats quite the same as off road racing in the states. but there are some cool trucks over here. there also heaps of cool buggys

A few Trucks that i have photo's of

p1060600q.jpg

n8351838342437454821595.jpg

75351664327020038331320.jpg

- Id like to note that im riding shotgun in the 806 F-150

fuck yeah

yep Clive George, i think he runs asset finance i think.

His truck started out as a yellow hilux, then slowly morfed into a 4wd sprintcar engined tundra. sounded good on paper but never realy worked in the real world, was a bit unreliable etc.

36098458590943834835183.jpg

I take it you have watched some off road racing in the past the Mr ryanfels.

Good man

Ahhh yup, thats the one. I was in whakatane when he debuted it in its yellow, 4wd tundra form. Was wicked to watch when it was running but i think he went through a couple of 350turbo boxs and was destroying the petrol! I remember him staying it was almost doing a mile to the galleon or something silly like that

Yea my best mate in highschool was Daniel Knight, he raced a C class and i use to help his dad pit for him. Clive was his sponsor.

I usually get out to the woodhill 100 every year

yep, i heard storys of the amout of transmissions that thing went thorugh. one good one i heard was that it was on the dyno doing a full pull, and at the end instead of clicking it into neutral someone accidently clicked it into reverse. It acctualy riped the box out of the truck and dropped it on the floor.

Went and picked it up on saturday. and put it in it's new temp storage at my brothers house.

he lives on a steep & narrow street so we unloaded it down the road where it's flat and he drove it up the hill into his garage.

apparently the look of the people waiting to go into the open home on the same road was priceless.

someone accidently clicked it into reverse. It acctualy riped the box out of the truck and dropped it on the floor.

Physically impossible.. Someone was telling epic pork pies..

id say so, would have been 3rd hand infomation and i was a young fulla when i heard it.

might have made it more epic in my head over time i don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Off to to hopefully get a new 1uz to replace the one that currently lives in this beast. Has low compression on 1 clyinder.

3uz plan is shelved, to hard, to expensive and it seems 1uz's are tonka tuff any way.