glen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Alright better do a update with some pictures.

This is how we picked the truck up. We have rear fenders they are fibreglass toyota tundra items that will match the rest of the fibreglass.

p1080578q.jpg

p1080581.jpg

p1080584.jpg

p1080593j.jpg

Unloading at it's new temp home. Albany didn't know what hit it, almost open header's ( mufflers are shot) , supercharger and 1uz rumbling up the road.

f25048185.jpg

While the NZD was kicking ass, the old man brought some new rear shocks. Going to be running Fox 16" bypass shocks, these will give us heaps of control over the rear end allowing us to realy dial it in.

When we brought the truck we know the 1uz was down on compression on one clyinder, we got a new motor and are currently swaping over all the blower gear etc.

p1080579y.jpg

(old motor, runs but not healthy)

we are also making a few changes to the roll cage in the cab as the guy built it around his size. So the old man can't even fit into it, will be pushing put the side intrusion bars and widening the seats etc .

It's mainly the old mans, he's paying most of the bills at this stage. me and by brother are buying into when we can afford it.

He will be doing the national rounds and we will end up sharing drives for the enduros (like taupo 1000 etc )

I kinda mentioned that in the 1st post on page 1, but wasn't very clear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

(Disclaimer : When i mention "we" i really mean my Dad and my Brother as i haven't worked on this thing in ages as i have a new project - a 1.5 year old  daughter who keeps me busy enough.) 

Wow Haven't updated this thread for ages.

anywho, so as i last left it we had just put the replacement short block in to get ready for the 1st round of the nationals at Mangawhai  We also ditched the M90 blower set up and got a A1 turbos manifold and a M112 supercharger from a F150 lightning 

well that was all going well until one of  the rods decided to venture to the outside world.

Turned out we had been supplied with one of the later model 1uz that had the smaller rods, and well it didn't take to well to the extra boost we chucked at it.

p1100457q.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

p1100524d.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

SO we then got motor #3.

While we were putting that in we decided to install a water/ methanol injection set up to help keep inlet temps down.

We then went and raced at woodhill forest in the Woodhill 100 (which is the oldest motor race in NZ to be still run in it's original location)

Truck was running awesome and my old man and brother qualified 1st in class with this sprint.

The race itself was going well, they were running 3rd overall at one stage which is super awesome until the supercharger belt let go, this same belt runs the alternator and power steering so it put an end to the race.

You can watch out onboard gopro footage if you have spare 20mins.

38973210151158094902004.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

17998810151158095962004.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats Iron fels arm in that pic.

After all that we took it for a final run for the year at a smaller club event and i finally got to have a ride in the frickin thing.

well that didn't last all that long as the front diff casing let go and sheared the small drive axle before the CV on one side.

SOoo, 

after all that the truck was pulled down for the off season. We wanted to have the trans inspected as it's just a stock v6 surf gearbox and we didn't really know how well it would last as the shifts were getting a bit on the clunky/thumpy side.

turns out that it was almost toast, probably should have already blown up but was just hanging in there. This meant a transmission upgrade was necessary especially with the long endurance races coming up. So we eventually tracked down a 4x4 Turbo 400 trans that we think came from a blazer or suburban or something. Anyway when it's freshened up with a manual valve body etc it will easily be able to take what out blown 1uz is throwing at it.

So that brings us up to now, it's sitting at the workshop waiting for the transmission adaptor to be made and the new trans is at the shop being freshened up.

We are hoping to make the Woodhill 100 later this month...... We shall see. 

Some random pics i have taken of it at the various events we have done.

p1130329.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

p1130332o.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

p1130334p.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

19920110151379990617004.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

38679510151379989872004.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

54733210151379993732004.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Like 1