Hamboes - Anyone got drill press and 16mm bit?

Hey,

I need a bit of steel tube with a certain inner and outer diameter, anyone got any equipment or the ability to do it? I think the measurements are going to be quite difficult, I know A lathe will work on the outside but how easy is it to get the correct inner diameter.

The measurements are something like 18mm outer diameter and 13mm inner or something ridiculous (quite small).

Any ideas? Happy to pay but just dont know where to start.

Thanks for your help gents.

actually the measurements arent too bad, they may actually be a standard size.

14mm outer diameter

11mm inner diameter

Needs to be steel.

anyone able to source any? only need about 250mm worth (could get away with 200mm). Its for sleeves inside the eyes of my shocks, to close up the holes a bit and make the bolts fit snug basically. Cant use any different sized bolts.

could get those cnc'd easy enough bro,

not sure of cost

how many bushes at what length,

or saeco bearings in frankton carry bushes of assorted sizes and materials

hey man, it would be

2x 25mm long

2x 60mm long

the measurements are pretty important cause they need to fit inside the eye of a shock, and a bolt needs to fit through them.

im happy to pay, really need something!

should only take someone who knows what they are doing about half an hour on a small lathe I would guess. it doesn't sound like they need to be to 0.00000000001mm tolerance so just a matter of drilling the centre then turning the OD down. if you can take the bolt and shock in then they can make it a good fit on the spot.

Sorry I don't know any shops in hams though but there must be plenty considering I probably know nearly 10 in taupo.

you double check saeco hasn't got anything on the shelf and

i'll price up getting them turned up.

my missus's olds and bro's run/own BLM Engineering in Morrinsville.

I have got similar things from saeco off the shelf although i used brass bush's in my case.

were running them to locate the shock eye mount rubber centrally on the top A arm mount,

i turned down a step on mine to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally checked with saeco, and all they can offer is bronze, but its the wrong size anyway.

Also called steel and tube, all they can give me is 16mm OD with 13mm ID, which wont work.

Mico metals might be able to get something in stainless but will only sell it in 6metre lengths - and will cost me 3 arms, 5 legs, and a happy ending.

I have decided 1.5mm thickness is too thin so I will drill out the eyes to 16mm, meaning I need some tube ID 11mm and OD 16mm. Jase if you could chase up that lead that would be awesome.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So I overlooked part of the plan, my power drill will only take up to 13mm drill bits and now I need to drill out the eyes of my shocks to 16mm.

Anyone in hamilton got a drill press and a 16mm drill bit that I could come over and use? Will provide appropriate amount of beers/cuddles/reach-arounds