Tyre sizes

DangerousPerson

It started out as a 'low profile' option when low profile wasn't around. The main benefit is that it stiffens up the side wall something chronic which can be good for handles. Plus it can look the business. Got new rims + tyres the other day... photo.jpg

It started out as a 'low profile' option when low profile wasn't around. The main benefit is that it stiffens up the side wall something chronic which can be good for handles. Plus it can look the business. Got new rims + tyres the other day... photo.jpg

Put up pic when you fit them. What width are your rims? Are they 155/50/13 fitted to them?

• 3 weeks later...

Man I hate that! It happens a lot though. I got a pair of toyo's and a pair of yokohama's second hand (about 7mm tread). What size are you after? 13x7 would normally be around 195/205. I could possibly help you find some after exams in a week.

Shit it's a hassle calling around for tyres.

Everyone wants to know what car it's being fitted to "blah blah blah you can't do that,we don't have that size".

What would typically be fitted to 13x7 wheels?

unless your car is pretty low, 175/50s will look silly. personally id go 185/60. fairly easy/cheap to get

I've always assumed you get less side wall flex. But I really don't know anything...

You do, much less.

But trying to convince people it's safe and has no major adverse effects is harder than forcing a camel through the eye of a needle.

FYI Toyo's mould for 215/50r13 was destroyed in the earthquake in japan, have no intention of repairing nor of making a new one. From memory there was only 4 left in Nz and no more will be coming into nz, leaving Kuhmos as the only 215/50r13..

• 3 months later...