evo6 l300 van

lvls

what year is this L300 van? I gather it's not the very first 1978-1985 shape? I don't mean to be rude, but perhaps this isn't the best site to be asking this question on. Try www.mmc.org.nz - a few people there have put VR-4/evo engines into L300 vans.

I would say the mounts are the same between the Evo6 engine and the original 2.0/2.4 petrol engine, however if you have a 2.4 engine you will need the 2.0 gearbox to suit the 'narrowblock' pattern of the Evo6 engine. You will also need to sort out a suitable flywheel arrangement, I understand you can use a 4G11 ring gear on an Evo1-3 flywheel and machine out a hole for the spigot bearing.

You will run into more issues regarding the orientation of the inlet/exhaust manifolds compared to the original motor - they will effectively be swapping sides.

IMO you could but why...

they're all thinking it, i said it...

wrecked the car? drop it all in a new shell or possibly an old

shell (much older) that will appreciate in value rather than plateau before you even get near to what you spend on it to make it all happen.

IMO you could but why...

they're all thinking it, i said it...

wrecked the car? drop it all in a new shell or possibly an old

shell (much older) that will appreciate in value rather than plateau before you even get near to what you spend on it to make it all happen.

+1 Get a Celeste

does anyone know an easier way to drop my evo 6 in my l300???? what sort of mounts i have to make???

easier than what?

by the sounds of it, it's not "easy" by any stretch of the imagination and the mounts are just one of the simpler parts of the conversion.

my best advice, keep the van standard and find a nice old car to put your effort into 8)

• 2 weeks later...
I saw one of these vans on saturday which had had an RB20det fitted to it. It had to have a custom plenium made for it to clear the seat.

that was probuly my van u saw the plenium works mint and its been running all good. but to any 1 looking to do this conversion the shifter linkage set up is a full on mind f@*k iv still got issues slecting gears :?: