Head bolts

Coldspark

Details on specific torquing procedure, if they are torque to yield then please replace.

If not then just re-use.

you may also find that there are after-market replacement studs that are a similar sizing (minimal grip length difference) so it may be worth digging a little deeper.

There will be other shit that interchanges between different flavour engines.

with M series head gasket failures as a know issue I would do any of these things

Get full set of ARP head studs and nuts

Get any motor other than an M

Get the other 7 bolts from Japan

Measure the bolts with a micrometer and use the 7 shortest...

Standard old Toyota BS, I had mega issues getting shit for my boat anchor/1G (like $2900 for a set of rings) But I would not pay for ARP unless they are A: Cheap, or B: you are trying to extract mega HP from the engine.

In the end it's just a threaded stud and a certain length, there WILL be other options out there.

You might find a 4age/1jz/4g63/whatever has the same size stud which will do the trick.

lol still gotta find the (correct) torque settings thinks its 75 lbs

Think ill give the old ones a measure and see how bad they are. cant be stuffed waiting for any more blots

but the old bolts do look pretty alright

Yah, go ARP if you want it to last a bit longer. Otherwise just mash the old ones back in, with a bit of superglue around the gasket to seal it up.

How can you not get a full set? That sounds rather strange..

Iv got no idea why they only had 7 , piff it toyota

Ex Japan would be only 7-14 days

lol yeah im pretty inpatient

what would be the max tolerance for the old bolts, compared to the new ones?

^^ and about a squillion dollars?? (well unless you know someone at Toyota)

Chuck up the thread pitch, diameter and grip length etc....

yeah im trying to find it now

If they are a straight 75 FTLBS (which seems a bit high to me) the shortest ones should be ok... It's when they suggest 45ft lbs then 90 degrees rotation that you really need to chuck them in the bin..

I have re-used my 1G ones in the past and run 20 psi boost with no failures, although i realise M series do carry a bit of a BHG stigma with them, also are you trying to remedy a past BHG? or is it a head replacement for fun?

^^ link doesn't really tell us much??

Well if it's non turbo and the cooling system is in ok nick, just rock the old bolts I say.. But then again it's not going to be me stranded on the side of the road with steam pouring from the bonnet.. more likely head softness and warpage will be an issue compared to stretched head bolts not maintaning the torque..

What about (and this might sound a little dark, but definitely done more than you'd think) Socket head cap screws. They are available in metric and metric fine and are 10.9 or 12.9 grade depending on size. Cheap as f*ck, strong and you could torque them up higher than factory quite happily I'd say. I can give you there Unbrako catalog in PDF Form which lists the torque to yield seating torques for each size just to be safe before you went and brought them. As long as there torque to yield torque is higher than factory torque setting and you can get them in the right length I'd say you'd be fine.

Your call, But i'm guessing they would cost less for 14 SHCS than it probably did for one of your toyota studs haha.