Behold.....loooooongbike - and now shit gets fat

ThePog

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

edit; if he gets a fiddy for those I should have this on TM for $500

haha yeh. You can sell the parts for so much more than the bike is worth. I spent hundreds buying all the parts for my hmx cos i just wacked massive auto bids on everything that came up. Other dudes seem to do the same. Get sick of looking for that one part so may aswel spend $50. Infact i just won some nos pedals for $50 with an autobid :lol:

You've done a fine job with that mixte. Looks like you'd have to go round corners with the inside pedal raised as the bottom bracket looks fairly low and the cranks look fairly long (or could just be the photo).

I've got one of those five speed hubs (a sachs pentasport) on my Batavus that I use for commuting every day.

Cruises all day long averaging 30 kph and surprises many a lycra clad jock on their £2000.00 racing machines.

Style cycling ftw.

A few pages back in this thread is my commuter, it has an 8 speed Shimano Nexus IGH - I make a point of smashing lycra boys whenever I can, which is surprisingly often.

The mixte has some sweet lugwork, I got it powdercoated that colour. My lovely wife has noted the shoe in the wheel issue. Those cranks are 170's I think, might try to find some shorter ones...

• 4 months later...

Ha I put it on TM for $1 reserve as I had to sell at least one bike, went for $250... Was a bit gutted when the dude said he wasnt going to use it, it was only going to be a prop for the antique shop, but fuck it it doenst matter really. He seemed quite a good dude, I told him to bring in more good bike stuff from europe...

• 2 weeks later...