AUCKLAND MEET - Wednesday 16 March

EURON8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?p=13349#p13349

If any mitsi or mazda owners (or anyone else also) want an MS2, I could bring mine along for the right price :-)

Fred.

Fred, Could such gear be tuned to run a 4 pot injected toyota donk . has elecy dizzy and single coil. Will be turbo if i get this. and depends on what 'the right price' is :D

Will repharse. Could such gear be wired in and then tuned to run the above engine by you haha

Will buy 2 burgers if yes haha

Depends on the input pattern it has. Most Toyota engines use a dual VR setup. To use that unmodified you would need to add a dual VR conditioner such as the one jbperf.com sells (Jean is a good guy). However you could cut a single tooth off of the 24 and get a 24-1 and run that for COP/Sequential or 24-2/12-1 by grinding two off and get wasted spark/semi sequential on the built in (by me) VR conditioner. I don't know what old toy motors use, though.

As for me doing it, I've got too much to do, sorry. As per the thread I can provide info on my mods and setup, but not much more. It's very easy, though.

The burger is for the "FreeEMS - that'll be ready in 5 years" comment - how is 2.5 months? :-)

As for the "right price" I do want my money out of it, it's worth good cash, and I need that cash to survive while I work on FreeEMS and prepare to either get a job or leave the country (or both). 400usd which is what, 500 or 600nzd? gets you the same thing, without customisations, from diyautotune. If you look on trademe you find v2.2 boards with ms1 cpus for 500ish. Be careful to compare apples with apples. The for sale thread is dead honest. I could have not mentioned the negative stuff without being dishonest. A lot of it is true of all MS units too, anyway.

MS2 has a lot better performance than MS1 and the V3.0 board is a lot higher quality than the 2.2 board also.

Fred.

The ute was sideways wildly a few times today, and no MegaSquirt was in sight. It's faster than on the MS bad/2.0 tune now, with NO tune. here is the no tune that its running on:

http://stuff.fredcooke.com/FreeEMS.untuned.map.ftw.png

Literally untuned! :-) And rapid!

I'll try to add a few more features and get the tune smoothed out a bit before the meet, but:

I'll be there for sure, unless I get busted on the way. If anyone wants to checkout what FreeEMS is like and can do, be there! :-)

Fred.

I'll be there for sure, unless I get busted on the way OR BLOW UP THE ENGINE AGAIN.

Fixed :-( I'll still try to make it, but the ute won't be there, and there won't be a FreeEMS car there unless someone with a B6 or BP car wants to wire their engine up to a db37 with my pinout and let me tune it for them briefly. Any takers? Orion? Thought not. I'll bring the latest souvenir along for a laugh. This engine just didn't handle the torque/boost/power, unlike the last one, which I killed fair and square! This one would have died on MegaSquirt if not for the gapped down plugs which we opened up about 10 pulls through 3rd ago...

Ok boys and girls(?) got email from mark at burger fuel

Thanks Chris. We will try and be a little more organised for you tonight. For tonight please tell all the guys that if they buy any burger (excluding the two mini burgers) and fries and drink I will throw in a free ice cream valued at $4.10. It's BurgerFuels own recipe and they taste really good.

It's my one day off this week so I won't be in tonight but I will hopefully catch you next month.

Thanks

Mark.

Am assuming this means those sweet combos they have. will aptempt to get a reply to confirm this today.

Okey doke,

Tonight guys, buy any burger and fries and drink (whether thats a combo or just an order including the three) and you get a free burgerfuel icecream.

So sweet, we getting dessert tonight!

Next meet i will have more info on the following deal we are putting together but for now.

My plan is to have a quick raffle.

$1(maybe$2/gold coin donation) gets you a ticket.

Just before we head down i will draw a number and winner gets a free combo that night.

Have run this by Mark (Burger fuel Ellerslie owner) and he is on board BUT we would need at least 12 paying customers to get the free meal.

I may possibly look at keeping a small kitty of some of the raffle money to cover nights when we dont quite hit 12.

NOTE: ALL MONEY RAISED WILL BE GOING STRAIGHT TO THE OLDSCHOOL.CO.NZ CLUB ACCOUNT.

Zep/Gaz - feel free to yay or nay this dont i dont see any foul in it.

Opinions guys? People keen for this ? You donate $1-2 a month to OS and may end up with a free burger fuel feed.

Will have further yarns to Mark before next months meet and have this thing sussed for then.

Anyone want to bring a decent camera so we can jump on this bandwagon? http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/03 ... world.aspx

Hey bro, Have thought about advertising these meets elsewhere, but decided against it as we cant keep an eye on the cars and dont really need the whole world/auckland/undesireables knowing about these meets. If ya get me :wink:

Go for it with speedhunters but maybe dont mention locations or whens.

I can/will bring my fancy camera and probably a spare battery, if I get my shit together in time...

This is my last meet for a few years, guys, won't be at the nats this year, will be thinking of you all with love from Spain unless my relationship goes tits up.

Fred.