azzurro's 1969 FIAT 125 discussion

azzurro

Keen on getting a Pertronix Ignitor system (pointsless ignition) for this as they do make a kit to fit all of my potetial dizzy options:

http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor/default.aspx

Any opinions/Experience?

I can get them from the US for US$89 + shipping, but on T-Me they seem to be around $220, which seems a bit steep?

Would also like to express more than a passing interest in some good condition DCOE40 Weber's or DLHA40 D'ellorto sidedrafts if anyone is holding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers man, the work you are doing on your 'tina is definitly going to make it a real nice one. Bad luck with those heads!

following on from VG's thread im looking for some (16!) of these:

fiat125trimclip.jpg

being rocker or sill trim clips, this one is missing the plastic pin that fits the hole in the sill

these may be similar to later model ladas which maybe? have a wider sill trim like 2107 etc, as the earlier models 2101 have a 124 style round clip (part No; 2101-5003017) that just isnt big enough to hold all my bling, like this:

picture.php?pic=007190.jpg

:queen:

• 4 weeks later...

hey i came across your thread by accident, nice buildup and nice thread, mate.

i have the same exterior and interior colour/trim 125, mine is 1968 though - and not at all as nice condition as yours.

i also have ward look-a-like as well as cromodora (CD9, i think) and missing bits and pieces of the car (like bumpers). 2 litre twincam off 132 powers the car.

i havent touched mine for about three years, it's more of a storage for parts at the moment =( and tinworm s doing its thing, i gotta get back into it soon.

anyway good on you, good to see a mint looking 125 out there.

cheers

i have no spare, sorry - and the one in the car's a bit wobbly anyway, probably sucked up moisture just sitting in the garage. plastic chrome s coming off as well. and i'm pretty sure the plastic snap-on bits are broken too.

i'll probably stick on a sheet of aluminium there when i get around to it - it's a shame cos i do like the turquoise colour.

hey, did you replace the windshield and backglass trim (the stuff that runs in the middle of the rubber), if so, where did you source it from?

cheers

if you do replace the door card(s) with alloy id be more than happy to re-card it for mine - the RR card is the only blue interior bit im missing - i like it better than the black 125T style interior, and it will be much better than my current brown/black temporary attempt.

i also have a couple of rear bumpers (no front ones sorry) and all sorts of odd trims etc (inc a bunch of door card clips?) + doors, boots, glass, etc, if you need anything let me know - most is a bit crappy (best stuff is on the blue one) but might be better than nothing and its only getting rustier in my storage unit

yep, rubbers were good but needed a new mylar strip - holden gemini/torana stuff is a match. i got mine from here:

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rsnz/Produ ... oduct=K120

• 2 weeks later...

aw shucks, you are :oops:

have just got a lead on some twin dellorto sideys and also some FIAT electronic ignition systems & a 5 speed box so i shall delay placing my crummy points related ignition consumables order till ive gone to see the treasure/crap pile :D

i know! I have chucked your spring compressors in the boot to return them at the last two meets.

damn weather - co-driver & back seat driver are unkeen on shakedown runs in the dark in the rain on the mway (me too!)

will do around thursday? this week on my way to see the carbs and stuff, as its looking non rainy then

Cars looking lovely!, glad you sorted your trim clip problem! I have to remove one of my sill trims to do some rust work, so hopefully I dont ruin too many clips. Also, you dont happen to have another side mirror about somewhere? They look to be exactly the same as the Lada ones, keen to put one on the left side of mine.

cheers man, dunno what your worried about - you can get new clips! These worked out as good as i could have hoped, except the sill holes are not properly plugged. i got some rubber blanking grommet things but the clip wires are so fat they couldnt fit as well. Might blob some silicone poop in there or something.

I got the mirror with a forum load of boot rubbers from Spain (its a SEAT parts ebay seller), its only a cheapie and probalby not worth shipping by itself.

I found it hard to find a good one to fit becuase of the 45deg door top where they mount - most generic ones are designed to be flat or vertical and dont have enough ajustment to look right . I have a few other mirrors i collected too will put a pic up next time i go to the lock up.

• 3 weeks later...