Andy's Babe Truck

Guest Zeb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

even on a factory ute, the U Bolts would be 100mm from the ground, and thats not where the measurement is meant to be dont from, it's supposed to be done under the crossmember, or lowest chassis appendage.

The angle grinder will give it a little more clearance. He didnt know what he was on about, 1st asked if it had adjustables, then told me when I put 300kgs of building material on the back the ubolts will go below 100mm. He was from auckland and obviously thought that playing his part in helping with the quake was try and order a builders ute off the road, when I was driving home from a 13 hour day fixing peoples homes with tools on the back.

Dickhead.

Well, the officer isnt actually wrong, you put 300kg's on it, your tyres will deform, and your u bolts are bound to be atleast 1mm lower.

However, clearly stated it says the measurement is to be done with the truck unladen, durhhh, moot point.

They definately have better things to be doing than pulling over people helping the city out. Ive met some damn cool police officers over the last couple of weeks tho, feel heaps better for having them just down the road.