Kumeu 15th/16th Jan 2011

Leebo3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One word of warning to everyone as a local, there have been soooo many booze stops in the area checking licenses, WOF's, Rego's & breathalising... Spencer could be right due to millions of people being around it would destroy traffic even worse but thought I would let yal know what it's been like around here lately.

Have only been thru check point in kumeu itself a couple of times though to be 100% honest, they block off the Muriwai beach road all the time though which is just up from kumeu... calculated risks and all that... no wof or reg you know the risks.

Since Xmas I reckon thre must have been a dozen or so check points I have passed thru, and probably others I missed by back roading or staying home.

Oldschool boes are waaaay at opposite end from main gate, maybe 75m from boundary. Just dropped off uterus and met a few oldschoolers, Leebo, reptep130, camel, seedy-al and a few others (I'm shit with names) be back in the morn with my gem and some notes to spend at the swap meet!

See yal there! :twisted:

I went along on Sunday from midday to 3pm (to avoid crowds), didn't see any oldschool people. I can't have looked waaaay at opposite end from main gate.

Got my kebab, got my tin sign, my cold drink and my dose of sun(burn). Tempted by lots of stuff in stalls, came away wanting a '70s muscle car, good day. =)

Toyota Century too cheap to run? Need more attention? Satin-black-and-bling Bentley Turbo R:

bentley.jpg

I was up from chch for funeral, realised once up there that kumeu was this weekend. Extended ticket, got raped by jet star. So worth it.

Traffic was madder than I imagined, we were at the kumeu turn off (round about, posted 4km to Kumeu) at 8:20am, took us an hour to get in the gate. haha

What a fun awesome weekend, mint cruise up, sweet roll back minus the fact I brought my mate run out of fuel victoria, cheer to sam and kelvin for the save..! Was full time fun, got a few lil bargains too. Word to those that turned up from OS to join the fun, we aint got no beef on yo.

I have 2 bottle opener cards for xsspeed and Zep too, but I can prolly teleport to the hamilton guys rolling to Jap meet this sat, if not will just send them direct.

Make it home sweet Corbie...?

I went along on Sunday from midday to 3pm (to avoid crowds), didn't see any oldschool people. I can't have looked waaaay at opposite end from main gate.

Wouldve been just a lonely little Rodeo ute abandoned where the rest of the boes had been camping out. Picked it up around 5pm yesterday, was getting well empty by then.