super charging ford crossflow engine

427carguy

Have you got any pics of the setup for interest?
1200sce5.jpg

1200s1qx0.jpg

Thats a couple of pics of mine that are pretty old now. It loves drawthrough, and goes hardies.

more pics,

16258.jpg

16257.jpg

15279.jpg

I haven't tried the nitrous yet though...........................

The toyota blowers are limited to around 10-11psi max with a drawthrough set up. There's a chance of goinmg higher with water/meth injection, but efficency plummets above that level. Detonation and broken motors enuses.

18987.jpg

18986.jpg

• Like 1

My bad, I meant to say "Ive not done it to a ford". Damn brain fade!

It has been pretty reliable, But I drive it like I stole it which has killed a few motors.

Yeah I've done a few improvements to the motor. And ddropped the comp with an off the shelf "head saver shim".

or on the exhaust side then through an intercooler in the front somewhere.

Tis one of my possible plans for my anglias boosty goodness. M90 under the exhaust and then through either an intercooler in the front or a water charge cooler mounted somewhere.

cant find any pics of 1600s being supercharged, im just trying to think where it could sit coz the inlet side has a booster and dizzy and i would prefer to keep everything under the hood

Put it on exhaust side where battery is like barts setup.

Have ur extractors made around it.

Put battery in boot

BAm

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Depending on what your compression ratio/dynamic compression ration is, you might get away just fine without lowering the compression. There is a chance that you'll be able to buy an off-the-shelf "head saver" shim.

Water meth injection can aleviate detonation isssues. Cooling mist make really sweet high pressure pumps that can handle methanol, and are plenty adequate.

also comes down to the tune if pistons etc are gonna melt. will be a bit of trial and error, with what boost and timing works best. for example, you could run 20psi and retard the shit out of the timing so it doesn't knock. it wouldn't blow up, but it would throw all the power out the exhaust,be gutless, melt your exhaust manifold and generally be shit. Or , could run 5psi and get the timing where it needs to be, make good power and not blow up. need to find ballance