4th New Year Nostalgic Jap/Oldschool Meet - 2011 - Auckland

AE25

hope those mobile bbq's are sorted out! would be pretty gut wrenching eh. thumbs down to anyone who pulls out the marshmellow on a stick.

still waiting on confirmation from fergusons. cant get through to em. ive even offered to cover costs if numbers aren't sufficient.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmkay ferguson will only open if they can do 11am - 2pm with a minimum $500 in sales or it not worth it for them. thats kinda getting borderline if we get a drenching and only 30 peeps hit the bar. what to do argg

last year had 75 cars + non oldschool.

just counted about 40+ on this thread. prob get 10 from club-k, 5 from zclub , 10 from datsun.co.nz then passengers and peeps that dont post. but we've never had semi wet forecast either and not everyone eats/drinks. if the people that have shown interest actually get there then we're good. but i'm not much of a gambler.

pulled the plug on the ferguson. too many If's and last minute stuff. Much more stress free/casual rocking the bbq diy styles.

BYO meat for the BBQ

shall we say 12pm get the cookers going.

I'll bring my 3burner and utencils etc. feel free to use it. be good to have a backup/2nd burner going.

I'll bring along precooks and do a sizzle for those that didn't know about BYO, but $1.50ea and it can go towards better advertising of event. feel free to offer a hand :)

Righto,

Anyone cruising from west auckland.

Meet outside BK in Westagte at 9 am

Leave westgate approx 9:30am to give the stragglers a chance to catch up and get there.

We will head down hobsonville road and greenhithe motorway.

See you guys there!

Stoked we made it with the boot tied down with speaker wire, and a quick panel and paint first thing this morning in the KE36.

First time at 100+ kph in a car that hasnt been on the road since 1990, Excellent first voyage haha.

Gutted i missed it. My house got cleaned out by some cunts while out so the morning was spent figuring out what was taken. Its the 2nd time in 1 week.

holy hell man that sucks. hope your insured!!!

was good to meet heaps of people yesterday, was first time my ae85 has been to a meet all painted. look forward to next one.

geez similar thing happened. went to a wedding after the meet. got back to their place and house had been robbed. 1st time in 16years of living there. just reminds peeps to make sure insurance has everything valuable listed in the contents. cant replace things like gifted rolex watches or hand made gold jewelery. gutted

Gutted i missed it. My house got cleaned out by some cunts while out so the morning was spent figuring out what was taken. Its the 2nd time in 1 week.

holy hell man that sucks. hope your insured!!!

was good to meet heaps of people yesterday, was first time my ae85 has been to a meet all painted. look forward to next one.

Yeah i've got insurance, don't know how pleased they will be though with me ringing and making another claim in less than a week. Hopefully this claim will be as painless as last weeks one.

was a fucken mint time

was first one of these I have been to

i truley belive that this has the chance to be something huge.

My opioion

keep it the same weekend (as big day out) general consensus was a few few people only came because they were already up for that

Get more advertising. maybe hit up this forumn and others, get some sponsership, get it in NZ PC etc and get the word out early.

I feel the new location was mint, and also, keep it Mostly nostagic, but open it up to a (japanese car show), so run the same, Nostaligic cars down the bottom, Later model up the top. i feel this would help pull numbers and get more interest.

Open up the idea of Car boot sale slash swap meet., i Know a lot of people have bits and pieces just sitting round, and this would make a good enviroment to try and sell these items. i for one bought a Car badge for my wagon. (rare too) thanks shaven Yake

Do, it. I will even devote my time and maybe money into this. Although this is my first for all of them I have been keen to go and now that i am Closer to Auckland Am keen to go to any other.

Mint

Got fuck all pictures though, but did have a great time talking to the guy with the orange 240z

Allan

yer yer has worked out well so far. kinda keeping it on the down low, advertising on car forums only etc (the enthusiasts). I'll need a help organizing if it's to get any bigger or show like.

There was a photographer taking pics for nzpc (keichi)? so never know.. might see something in the mag :?:

keep it the same weekend (as big day out) general consensus was a few few people only came because they were already up for that
or missed it coz got smashed at BDO :lol: :lol: :lol:

snapped some pics but not near enough. pics up soon

2011japmeet-031.jpg