Workshop Space - Wellington - EOI

KKtrips

Us guys who currently occupy Pinkys are looking at finding new workshop digs..

Currently we are restricting our search from Petone (Seaview to Railway Ave) to Ngaraunga, South, Central and East Wellington.

We may be needing to get a sizeable area to get anything that will accomodate our needs and to make it economical we may need extra bodies to come in with us.. We are going to be fussy about the people we have in a shared workshop so its not for everyone.. ie - NO boy racer spec shit will be tolerated

Do not be offended if we say thanks but no thanks - it isn't necessarily you - it might be the friends you bring along that we won't like.

We are obviously going to try and get the most value we can for our $$$$ but our parameters we have set to look for is each person will have a minimum of a 5m x 2.5m square (hopefully more if we can get the right place) to keep their car and do minor work on it and store their stuff (you will be allowed to build a rack above your car if you have heaps of stuff) and the price will be in the region of $50 a spot per week. You would also be signed in to staying with the workshop for the length of time we sign the lease for which could be up to 3 years - if you move out it is up to you to keep paying the rent or find someone else we agree with.

On top of the space for your car and junk there will be a couple decent free workspaces (hopefully a 6m x 4m square) to use for bigger (short term) jobs such as engine/gearbox swaps. Depending on how it pans out these may be on a booking system with 4-5 days in a row max allowed.

The workshop will be fairly well setup with a welder, power tools, a press, a compressor, trolley jacks, axle stands and the like but you will need to have your own hand tools - with free loan of special tools on request from the owner of the tool.

There will also be a couple decent workbenches with vises (one is very heavy duty) to do your shit on but once again these should be kept clear for others to use when you are not.

You will need to be entirely respectful of everyone elses stuff - even more so than you would be with your grandmothers china collection..

We don't care about drops of oil or the odd bottle left around but just pushing a pile of crap into a corner/under a bench is not accepted..

(someone will be designated camp mum and will tell you to pick up after yourself when your shit is getting out of hand :salute: )

We are a fairly cruisy bunch and like to have our fridges stocked with delicious cold beverages.

If this sounds like you could deal with this then chuck a name down here - if you are thinking you may be keen for something in 6 months - I wouldn't bother cos we want to know people who are keen NOW..

chur and throw some gangsigns to yo momma for me..

Nah - 3 main reasons - its like walking on eggshells the whole time with the landlord, the rain leaking is pretty bad and it makes it a shithole to work in during winter and we also have Nate wanting to move in with us and we don't have room for a 6th car in there.

Will quite possibly be dismantling the mezzanine if the new place needs it..

You should move in with us..

Oh yeah sweet as!.

Hmm would be nice to have some company while working on puscort, but would prob only be keen if was close ish to home/hard to beat walking downstairs to do work.

Johnny Mines was talking of building a new workshop opposite his current place, mabie you could move into the pimp'n one he is in now once hes done with it, Fuck he would prob love having some GC's company.

remember talking about this last w/e kk (vaguely) im keen as for a spot bud would need maybe a months notice to gather deposit. like the idea of having my shit somewhere where it is not going to get harassed .

keen for petone , but hey if its out welly ways then so be it most likely be more storage then actual working 8)

hi Guys,

I'm not really very active on OS, read it every now and then. I was asking bistro if he knew of any lockup space as I need a workshop to store and work on my two cars. I have a 1996 RX7 and a 86 AW11 MR2. The RX7 was my daily up until about 3 weeks ago when it lost compression on two rotor faces, and the AW11 is a long term project. I also have a MX5 racecar which I used for clubsport events, and would bring in to the workshop to prep for meets (oil changes etc).

I used to have a nice 2 car garage to prep my race car MX5 in and do work on the other cars, but due to changes in life have had to move back home which only has outside parking. I work full time and am respectful of others property, and feel that with a shared arrangement like this that bringing my friends over would not be appropriate. I can definitely put my name down for one car space now, and if available in a couple months can occupy a second space.

I'll monitor this thread for updates etc, but I can also be contacted at nick@outlaw.net.nz or on 027 666 6712.

Cheers!

nNick