axle removal?

DodgySam

try to get a .pdf manual from google. don't know nissan stuff that well although I do have a terrano diff in my backyard. If it's the same/similar to that it's semi floating I think with retaining plates so you have to remove the caliper and probably the disc then undo the 4 bolts that hold the retainer plate on. then the axle should come out. cant say how hard it will be to get the axle to move but I wouldnt think it should be too hard - hilux diffs are similar and they usually come out pretty easily.

big slide hammer.

this. if you dont care about wheel nut threads you can put a bar/chain arrangement on those. chances are they will come out easily anyway

or a big effin Agle iron

good thing the reVenger is 4 stud, two holes for studs & use nuts to bolt on third hole for puller in center, agree 5stud be PITA for similar method

if its real rusty tie one end to a post and the other end on a car towball and drive works a treat

otherwise just a slide hammer put chan on wheel nuts make sure there done all the way up or you can damage the studs most well used diffs will just slide out with out any need of force.

• 2 weeks later...

Righto...So removing the axles was a piece of piss au!

Did the brake slave cylinders while we were there and was all sorted and buttoned up in no time.

Started the truck put it in gear and graaaaauuuunnnnnchhhhhhh...hrmmm doesnt sound right.

Back in to park grrrrraaaaauuuuunnnnchhhhhh....

Hrmmm.

Pull it all apart again to find the axles are too small for this LSD head...big fukkin DOH!!!!!!

So back to square one!