young chap at work is having no end of trouble with his r32,

not a car guy to say the least,

its missing and stalling at the lights,

afs?

he's done plugs leads and coilpacks apparently,

any common faults?

a vacuum leak?

thats all i can really think of .

Our Pulsar did something similar. Was the AFM, they get old and begin to short across the tracks. The symptons are cutting out when warm and missing/losing power occasionally when cruising. Non-car people probably would only notice the stalling though.

Guy at my work had a Bluebird that would drive perfectly when cold, but begin to misfire and do a similar thing to above when warm. Only difference was that when it cut out, it wouldn't start again until it was completely cold. He'd have to leave it for up to an hour some times. Other than that, it was similar syptons to above. That problem turned out to be the ignitor.

nissans often have cam angle sensor problems, but usually when that happens they just wont run at all. maybe if it was a wiring to the cas with a dry joint or something. worth checking the plug on the cas at least

agree with this. Also once I had a cunt of a time with a SR20de, may be similar. fucking thing would semi fire and cough and splutter. after working on it for 3 days eventually took rocker cover off only to find the exhaust cam was snapped in half

Recently had a cunt of a time with a rb. Check aac valve plunger is not stuck open/carbonated to fuckery, also I couldn't get a reading through a brand new lead, broken out of the box. Definitely turn car on and jiggle all wiring for subtle changes in revs lol, found the revs dropped 500 with afm plug in a certain postion.

nissans often have cam angle sensor problems, but usually when that happens they just wont run at all. maybe if it was a wiring to the cas with a dry joint or something. worth checking the plug on the cas at least

agree with this. Also once I had a cunt of a time with a SR20de, may be similar. fucking thing would semi fire and cough and splutter. after working on it for 3 days eventually took rocker cover off only to find the exhaust cam was snapped in half

fuck that would make me lol/ slit my wrists . such simple things

[

SR's are famous for having the cam oiler squirters block up. So a cam failure on one of them is par for the course.