Jase's project hog cd90 125cc lifan power

Jase

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've pulled the trim off the seat i have and its relatively simple to reduce its height by the amount i need but its not the original seat so mounting presents a few issues,

i should have the exhaust done by tommorow night then its just gas wiring to see how it sounds

well holey fucken lifan haha 2/3's throttle and this is scary on open grass,

just got it barely rideable for test runs

ie no seat half a back brake and a sloppy throttle,

will mount seat and exhaust mounts tomorrow and try some more long distance tests

running the original 90 gearing so i'm guessing 50mph easy,

dropping the speedo cable off tomorrow for rebuild,

in no way was i revving it all the way out and it felt quite tall to me

ie has to be revved to get moving.

will have to look into brakes and suspension as its front shocks are pogo.

Loving the project bud!

Its should do a hundy,

A mate of mine has a Lifan 125 in his C50. It does 70kmhr wheelies and pulls 120km top end.

He has had it for years now. No issues. Attends every scooter run in the region. On the last one i was struggling up a hill and he rode up beside me grabbed my arm and pulled me up to hundy k and let me go! Was awesome!

• 2 months later...

dscn2021x.jpg

dscn2022wk.jpg

so got bored/inspired to change things up,insert home built riser bars suicide (panhard) shift,

and soon a sprung shovel single seat and rangi white walls/flappers, split beer crate panniers.

been bowling round on this and its pretty fun to ride with the hangers and panhard shift,

lights working well but have to jet the carb a little as it seems to be wanting a little more juice at the top of the throttle

I got a bigger carb on mine off TM and it stops the top end starving, bogs down a bit in low revs tho but still usable. Makes them way fun aye, I dort over the Wainui hill with middy on the back and it loves it

Gaz

will try one of my spare flatslides i have first, then will look at purchasing if that doesn't work.

just seem to get a bit lean and starvie after a good 80km/h run,

being more upright probably doesn't help but can change back to low slung if i want.